The Student Room Group

Leeds/ Lancaster/ Exeter for Maths?

Unfortunately I didn't do as well as I wanted to in my A-Levels but I still did well enough to apply to unis with AAA requirements.

I have clearing offers from these 3 unis but I am completely unsure of which one to pick, anyone got any advice?
Original post by WantToStudyMafs
Unfortunately I didn't do as well as I wanted to in my A-Levels but I still did well enough to apply to unis with AAA requirements.

I have clearing offers from these 3 unis but I am completely unsure of which one to pick, anyone got any advice?

There are a number of factors you can consider to help you decide: location of the uni (and ease of getting there!), style of uni (e.g. campus, city, etc.), course structure, cost of living in each place, accommodation availability, etc.
Original post by CatusStarbright
There are a number of factors you can consider to help you decide: location of the uni (and ease of getting there!), style of uni (e.g. campus, city, etc.), course structure, cost of living in each place, accommodation availability, etc.

I understand, I'm mostly concerned about the job prospects choosing one over the other. Will it matter much?
I understand, I'm mostly concerned about the job prospects choosing one over the other. Will it matter much?

Do you have an idea what you might want to do? I think other than if you wanted to go into investment banking, it will not matter much.

Hey @WantToStudyMafsCongratulations on your offers!!! It's great to hear that you're considering Lancaster. I've really enjoyed being so close to the Lake District and the range of societies on offer has been great. I've also loved how green the campus is! The nightlife in Lancaster is a bit quieter, so if you're planning to go clubbing a lot, Lancaster might not be for you.
It may be worth considering how close you want to be to home, the course structure that would suit you and what sort of accommodation you want to be in when you're deciding.

Nellie (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest