The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath Gold Scholarship Programme

Hi there!

I'm currently working on my application for the Gold Scholarship Programme and feeling a bit anxious and a little overwhelmed with the questions and how exactly to answer them. The writing prompts offered have helped, but I'm struggling to gauge how 'personal' I should make it. I know that probably sounds silly, but I am wondering if I should talk about my background and the struggles I have/had and how to incorporate them into my answers. I hope this makes sense.

If anyone who is currently a Gold Scholar could help, I would be very grateful! Thanks
Original post by TayTay_
Hi there!

I'm currently working on my application for the Gold Scholarship Programme and feeling a bit anxious and a little overwhelmed with the questions and how exactly to answer them. The writing prompts offered have helped, but I'm struggling to gauge how 'personal' I should make it. I know that probably sounds silly, but I am wondering if I should talk about my background and the struggles I have/had and how to incorporate them into my answers. I hope this makes sense.

If anyone who is currently a Gold Scholar could help, I would be very grateful! Thanks

I think the it is super important that your answers are authentic to you :love: It is also important link clearly why what you are sharing is relevant.

Have you read this blog posts by scholars - they seem very honest and talk about personal challenges including mental health.

https://blogs.bath.ac.uk/students/2023/01/27/my-experience-as-a-first-year-gold-scholar/

Does this help? :h:
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by She-Ra
I think the it is super important that your answers are authentic to you :love: It is also important link clearly why what you are sharing is relevant.

Have you read this blog posts by scholars - they seem very honest and talk about personal challenges including mental health.

https://blogs.bath.ac.uk/students/2023/01/27/my-experience-as-a-first-year-gold-scholar/

Does this help? :h:

Hi there!

Thank you for your response. I've had a look at the blog and I have found it useful, so thank you! :smile:
Original post by TayTay_
Hi there!

Thank you for your response. I've had a look at the blog and I have found it useful, so thank you! :smile:

Hiya :wavey:

Super, I’m glad it’s helped. Wishing you the best of luck with your application :h:

Quick Reply

Latest