The Student Room Group

Remarking paper

hi,
I was marks away from A* in A level physics I meet the requirement for my uni so would It be worth trying to remark it or would it not matter.
Original post by Chronos2005
hi,
I was marks away from A* in A level physics I meet the requirement for my uni so would It be worth trying to remark it or would it not matter.

Congratulations on meeting your offer and getting into your first choice :h:

It depends on how much it matters to you.

Also will your college pay for it, if not, if you are willing to pay for the remark.
Reply 2
Original post by She-Ra
Congratulations on meeting your offer and getting into your first choice :h:

It depends on how much it matters to you.

Also will your college pay for it, if not, if you are willing to pay for the remark.

My school wont pay for it so it will be about £150 if I decide to remark it but do you know if it is likely for grades to go up after remark
My school wont pay for it so it will be about £150 if I decide to remark it but do you know if it is likely for grades to go up after remark

Not always. Also be aware that grades can go down in a remark.
Reply 4
Original post by bamtutor
Not always. Also be aware that grades can go down in a remark.

Yh that's what I am scared about. Also do they refund the money if your grade increases
Yh that's what I am scared about. Also do they refund the money if your grade increases

Depends on Exam board so Im not sure. For BTECS; No charge; .if an overall grade has been issued for the qualification and this
is changed as a result of a clerical check or a review of marking

Perhaps knowing you were just a few marks of an A* is enough? It is an amazing grade.

Ultimately your grades have open your uni door of choice and I can't see why an A* grade will make a difference to further choices in the future.
Reply 7
What are the chances of a successful remark, edexcel economics, never got below A star for mocks but final exam I got a B 7 marks off of the A boundary the paper I thought I did worst on was my highest, 64/100, 79/100, 70/100 should I send the 2 papers in?

It affects my firm and assurance, firm have already rejected me but if remarked to an A they would still accept, for assurance technically didn’t make AAA I have Astar AB so they are still deciding

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending