The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Clearing courses that are closed

Hi, I need some help. I was looking at clearing courses at City (Economics) and by the time I could call them about it, they informed that all the immediate offers had been filled up. I was wondering if there is any chance that today or in the next few days, it could reopen given that all people who have received a verbal offer probably haven’t actually chosen it? If so, how likely is it? Or am I just being delusional?

Thanks in advance.
Original post by zaknus
Hi, I need some help. I was looking at clearing courses at City (Economics) and by the time I could call them about it, they informed that all the immediate offers had been filled up. I was wondering if there is any chance that today or in the next few days, it could reopen given that all people who have received a verbal offer probably haven’t actually chosen it? If so, how likely is it? Or am I just being delusional?

Thanks in advance.

It’s worth giving them another ring this afternoon and again on Monday.
Depending on the deadline they placed on their clearing offers they should then have a handle on how many people have added them on UCAS in time and if take up was lower than expected then if there’s any additional spaces.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi PQ,

Thank you for the advice. I actually applied to another course from City’s clearing after realising Economics was closed and had received an email that my offer was successful and should add it onto UCAS within 48 hours. That is why I assume that perhaps there would be spare places tomorrow? But I’m just staying hopeful. My other plan is to transfer courses at the beginning of the term but I know it’s not guaranteed.

Do you think it’s worth enquiring today despite knowing this info or should I just wait?
Original post by zaknus
Hi PQ,

Thank you for the advice. I actually applied to another course from City’s clearing after realising Economics was closed and had received an email that my offer was successful and should add it onto UCAS within 48 hours. That is why I assume that perhaps there would be spare places tomorrow? But I’m just staying hopeful. My other plan is to transfer courses at the beginning of the term but I know it’s not guaranteed.

Do you think it’s worth enquiring today despite knowing this info or should I just wait?

There’s no harm in asking. They won’t retract your other offer because you’re keen!
I just saw economics in clearing for city uni
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by zaknus

Thanks in advance.

Just wondering if you’ve had any luck????
Reply 6
Original post by lalaland222
Just wondering if you’ve had any luck????

Hi. Yes, I applied again a few days ago when I saw that it became open again and I have been accepted!
Original post by zaknus
Hi. Yes, I applied again a few days ago when I saw that it became open again and I have been accepted!

That’s great news!! How often did you check clearing to see if it was open?? And were your grades exactly the entry requirements?
Reply 8
That’s great news!! How often did you check clearing to see if it was open?? And were your grades exactly the entry requirements?

Thank you :smile: I checked the website pretty often, especially the day after results day because I knew that it was impossible that all places were actually filled. In terms of entry requirements, I did exceed them.
Original post by zaknus
Thank you :smile: I checked the website pretty often, especially the day after results day because I knew that it was impossible that all places were actually filled. In terms of entry requirements, I did exceed them.

Do you think courses at this point for City are gonna open at all? As it’s been over 48h so I’m starting to think i may have to stick with my current offer then.
Reply 10
Do you think courses at this point for City are gonna open at all? As it’s been over 48h so I’m starting to think i may have to stick with my current offer then.

I definitely think there is a chance! But as the days have past, it’s probably somewhat less likely unfortunately. Can I ask which course you want to do? I’ve looked at the city clearing website and the vast majority of degrees still have places (Eg. Economics if that’s what you’re interested in).
Original post by zaknus
I definitely think there is a chance! But as the days have past, it’s probably somewhat less likely unfortunately. Can I ask which course you want to do? I’ve looked at the city clearing website and the vast majority of degrees still have places (Eg. Economics if that’s what you’re interested in).

I was hoping on one of the optometry courses or intro to optom courses to open… they were definitely in clearing but they closed on results day. Honestly speaking is there a point in waiting???
Reply 12
I was hoping on one of the optometry courses or intro to optom courses to open… they were definitely in clearing but they closed on results day. Honestly speaking is there a point in waiting???

I’m not sure. I think that you should make sure that you’re happy with your current offer and if so, continue as if it is the one you will 100% spend studying for the next three years at university.

But just keep an eye out on the clearing website every so often. I just want to let you know that people get within 48 hours to accept their verbal offers, so depending on the day optometry spaces closed, you could wait two days. That’s if you know when they closed.

Hope that helps and I know exactly how you must be feeling…
It has been more than two days since they closed that’s the issue at hand…. It’s okay I’m happy with my insurance so that’s what matters

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending