The Student Room Group

Should i get history remarked?

I was 6 marks off an A. AQA in England. I got into my uni of choice but seeing as I'm so far above a C i think I may as well try?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by graio
I was 6 marks off an A. AQA in England. I got into my uni of choice but seeing as I'm so far above a C i think I may as well try?

Since you got into your firm choice and you were a fair way off the A, it would not be worth getting a review of marking as it would be rather unlikely that your grade would be revised upwards as a result.
Reply 2
Original post by CatusStarbright
Since you got into your firm choice and you were a fair way off the A, it would not be worth getting a review of marking as it would be rather unlikely that your grade would be revised upwards as a result.

Even though it's an essay subject? It doesnt seem that far off?
Original post by graio

I got my English remarked after being 7 marks off a B and gained 11 marks
Reply 4
Original post by loserclubs
I got my English remarked after being 7 marks off a B and gained 11 marks

Was that this year? I feel like I should just remark it like I'll speak to my teachers and ive got a month to decide but i feel like i should
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by graio
Was that this year? I feel like I should just remark it like I'll speak to my teachers and ive got a month to decide but i feel like i should

Yes it was. I asked my teacher beforehand and she told me to go for it and got the remark after 5 days. If you really want it you should go for it but definitely discuss with your teachers first and perhaps they can request the script of your exam to see if it is worth it.
Reply 6
Original post by loserclubs
Yes it was. I asked my teacher beforehand and she told me to go for it and got the remark after 5 days. If you really want it you should go for it but definitely discuss with your teachers first and perhaps they can request the script of your exam to see if it is worth it.

cool thanks sm
Original post by graio

As loserclubs has said, if you're keen on a remark then request your paper back and go through it with your teacher to see if it would be worth it.
Reply 8
Original post by CatusStarbright
As loserclubs has said, if you're keen on a remark then request your paper back and go through it with your teacher to see if it would be worth it.

yeah will do thanks for suggestions anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest