The Student Room Group

Bad AS results

Hi, I’ve recently got my AS grades and they were far from what I was expecting!
I got ACC in maths,bio & ,chem respectively
After achieving 13xA* in my GCSEs I am beyond disappointed
Due to these results I’m going to resit a unit from chem and bio
I wanted to apply to veterinary medicine this year but I’m worried that they won’t even look at me because of these grades. Is this still the case? And is it still possible to apply without it being a waste of time?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by alb8544
Hi, I’ve recently got my AS grades and they were far from what I was expecting!
I got ACC in maths,bio & ,chem respectively
After achieving 13xA* in my GCSEs I am beyond disappointed
Due to these results I’m going to resit a unit from chem and bio
I wanted to apply to veterinary medicine this year but I’m worried that they won’t even look at me because of these grades. Is this still the case? And is it still possible to apply it being a waste of time?

Hiya, can I ask if you're applying from England, Wales or another nation?
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Hiya, can I ask if you're applying from England, Wales or another nation?

Wales
This isn't my area of expertise, but I THINK the vet schools consider you based off of your predicted grades. So if your predicted grades for next year meet the entry requirements, then you should have a chance.

If I were you I would email the admissions office of the vet schools sooner rather than later just to check that this is the case. :smile:

If they recommend that you wait until you get your grades before applying, don't be put off by this. Taking a gap year is incredibly useful when applying to vet school, and gives you the chance to save up some money as well. It's a long course, so having a year off in advance is not a big deal.
Original post by alb8544
Wales

@louisvbird is spot on - sorry that I didn't reply - this got missed from my notifications for some reason :ashamed2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending