The Student Room Group

what is a baseline test and what to expect?

I'm going into year 12 and I've got an email from the sixth form i want to go to saying that I'm doing a baseline test for A-Level English literature, I'm not sure what i should do to prepare or what to expect. What do they usually test you on in these types of tests?

Can anyone give me some extra information please?
Reply 1
Original post by neresettia
I'm going into year 12 and I've got an email from the sixth form i want to go to saying that I'm doing a baseline test for A-Level English literature, I'm not sure what i should do to prepare or what to expect. What do they usually test you on in these types of tests?

Can anyone give me some extra information please?

hi, Im not sure if this is going to be any help for you since I do maths/science alevels but for my baseline tests it was mainly just based of GCSE content. For English-correct me if im wrong it may be analysing texts or poems, testing you on the skills used in ur GCSE exams.
Reply 2
Original post by lunar0
hi, Im not sure if this is going to be any help for you since I do maths/science alevels but for my baseline tests it was mainly just based of GCSE content. For English-correct me if im wrong it may be analysing texts or poems, testing you on the skills used in ur GCSE exams.

ahh okay!! i think i could manage that. thanks a lot :smile:
Original post by lunar0

hi im taking a baseline test for biology was it mainly gcse cause when the teacher told us we were taking it i was so confused since we just started topic 1 for alevel

Quick Reply

Latest