The Student Room Group

Taking a u-turn in career andInterview help needed - Carpentry, joinery and painting

Hi!

I’ve recently decided to apply for college courses in carpentry, joinery and painting and have managed to secure an interview for a pre apprenticeship in joinery and painting (woo!)

My previous degree was in architecture so I have a real keen passion to learn how to make the things I design. Although I have a keen interest in woodworking I’m not very skilled at all in it and I really need to learn from the baseline up however my scheduled interview says it includes a practical test and a numeracy test - does anyone have any experience of what this could be or what the types of practical tasks are that we may be asked to do?

Also if anyone who has also had a college interview for a joinery/painting/carpentry course please share your experience that would be massively helpful as I’m so unsure what to do!
And what to wear?!

Thank you so so much in advance!

Gerry
Reply 1
I doubt it will be skill based, more of an assessment of your ability in problem solving and rationalisation.

You’re not expected to have prior experience for an apprenticeship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending