The Student Room Group

baseline test yr 12 for biology

Literally just started 6th form and the teachers said we have a baseline test for biology next week? has anyone done baseline tests in yr 12 and is it important because we just started topic 1 of biology so do they expect us to know more than topic 1 or just everything we have learned in class is baseline test only alevel content or is it gcse
the teachers said if we didnt do well on the baseline test we will be kicked out of the course which i dont really get
I have started revision and made flashcards for topic 1 but maybe ill just recap gcse im not sure
Reply 1
Original post by Liya_123
Literally just started 6th form and the teachers said we have a baseline test for biology next week? has anyone done baseline tests in yr 12 and is it important because we just started topic 1 of biology so do they expect us to know more than topic 1 or just everything we have learned in class is baseline test only alevel content or is it gcse
the teachers said if we didnt do well on the baseline test we will be kicked out of the course which i dont really get
I have started revision and made flashcards for topic 1 but maybe ill just recap gcse im not sure

only just started sixth form too but i assume it’s only gonna be questions about the gcse content u need to have a good understanding of to move onto A level, i think it’d be too unfair for them to test u on something they haven’t taught!
are u allowed to ask ur teacher?
Original post by santa2006
only just started sixth form too but i assume it’s only gonna be questions about the gcse content u need to have a good understanding of to move onto A level, i think it’d be too unfair for them to test u on something they haven’t taught!
are u allowed to ask ur teacher?

ahh gcse content that will be good then cause it really confused me if we were doing alevel as we only started topic 1 our teacher is currently ill so we cant ask rn
when is your baseline test?
Reply 3
Original post by Liya_123
ahh gcse content that will be good then cause it really confused me if we were doing alevel as we only started topic 1 our teacher is currently ill so we cant ask rn
when is your baseline test?

I dont think i have one in any of my subjects now that i think abt it my schools kinda just been setting hw to make sure we understand the gcse content

Quick Reply

Latest