The Student Room Group

I just got my paper back from the exam board, and i have some questions about the NE

After I checked my paper for the English language and deduced all the marks with my UMS, I discovered that my NEA score had dropped more than 13 marks. Is it normal ? as it did affect my grade if I got my 13 marks back then I can get an A, but now I only got a B, is it something normal to have that much score deduced in NEA? and Also, I already planned to resit my A level next year, which score will it be used in the next exam? the score from my teacher or the score from the exam board?
Original post by batman2234
After I checked my paper for the English language and deduced all the marks with my UMS, I discovered that my NEA score had dropped more than 13 marks. Is it normal ? as it did affect my grade if I got my 13 marks back then I can get an A, but now I only got a B, is it something normal to have that much score deduced in NEA? and Also, I already planned to resit my A level next year, which score will it be used in the next exam? the score from my teacher or the score from the exam board?

I don’t do English, but was with one of my friends on results day when she was speaking to her English teacher. At my school all English coursework marks were lowered, some more than others. 13 marks does seem a lot, might be worth trying to speak to your school (all teachers should be in on results day for GCSEs anyways) and see if they can try and appeal it

Quick Reply

Latest