The Student Room Group

Applying for economics and actuarial science at university

Is it advisable or possible to apply for the two different courses of economics and actuarial science, providing the personal statement is related to both and if possible, how could this be done?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by ak_kun
Is it advisable or possible to apply for the two different courses of economics and actuarial science, providing the personal statement is related to both and if possible, how could this be done?

I think you could do that, but at a different uni with a different course i.e. not 2 different courses at 1 uni or perhaps you could.

Anyways, I think economics and actuarial science are much more geared towards maths so definitely talk about how you enjoy maths and any suppercurriculars you have done in economics and actuarial science.
Maybe you should talk about the suppercurricular of economics and actuarial science in such a way that it seems like you have a common interest in the particular course. I am not able to explain really well its just that you need to sort of mix actuarial science and economics together as both has some things in common such as you could talk about investments and like couple other things which cater to both
Original post by ak_kun

Is it possible, yes. Is it advisable, not really. Economics and Actuarial science are more different than you may think. Wouldn't it just be better to pick what you want to study and put in a competitive application for that subject, rather than try to sit on the fence and hope that you'll satisfy both economics and Actuarial science admissions tutors? Ultimately if you do get all your offers, you're going to have to pick economica Vs actuary down the line anyway, why not do it now and put in a more competitive personal statement
Reply 3
Original post by BenRyan99
Is it possible, yes. Is it advisable, not really. Economics and Actuarial science are more different than you may think. Wouldn't it just be better to pick what you want to study and put in a competitive application for that subject, rather than try to sit on the fence and hope that you'll satisfy both economics and Actuarial science admissions tutors? Ultimately if you do get all your offers, you're going to have to pick economica Vs actuary down the line anyway, why not do it now and put in a more competitive personal statement

I will greatly take this into account, thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending