The Student Room Group

Friend taken advantage of while very drunk

How do I help my friend she was really upset after getting taken advantage of by a guy at a party when really drunk
Reply 1
Find profesional help. There's no 'at home' remedy for things like these. Contact the NHS and have all their friends come to support them.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
How do I help my friend she was really upset after getting taken advantage of by a guy at a party when really drunk

https://247sexualabusesupport.org.uk/?utm_source=rapecrisis.org.uk&utm_medium=want+to+talk+page&utm_campaign=support+line+website&utm_content=hero+block+bullet+points&_gl=1*1rwcsks*_ga*MTYyNDYwNjA5NS4xNjg3ODIwMTgw*_ga_T6N32822TV*MTY4NzgyMDE4MC4xLjEuMTY4NzgyMDE4Ny41My4wLjA.#live-chat

She can either call 0808 500 2222 or start an online chat. Both options are free and confidential.
Reply 3
Try tell her to drink less next times. Maybe that is appropriate.

No. Do not do this. People should be able to have fun safely without being taken advantage of - don’t blame the victim. You should support your friend and ask her if there is anything you can do to help. Ask her how she is feeling and make it clear that what happened is absolutely not her fault.
Reply 4

She needs to see a doctor ASAP and be checked for STIs and have a pregnancy test. She should also consider reporting it to the police.
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
She needs to see a doctor ASAP and be checked for STIs and have a pregnancy test. She should also consider reporting it to the police.

Why would you do that if the OP hasn't even stated what "taken advantage of" means. There's a hundred things that nobody knows here - probably including the OP. Without knowing these, it's pointless even discussing it.
Reply 6
Original post by Trinculo
Why would you do that if the OP hasn't even stated what "taken advantage of" means. There's a hundred things that nobody knows here - probably including the OP. Without knowing these, it's pointless even discussing it.

It was to do with sex

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending