The Student Room Group

Is it too late for me to transfer universities & change courses for 1st year?

I am in the first semester of university for year 1, I was wondering if it was too late for me to transfer to another course at a different university. I have already met the grade entry requirements for the new course I want to do. Is it still possible for me to transfer despite me being 1 month into the first term or not? Is there anyone else out there who has done the same ? What's the process like ?
Original post by gamergirl6552
I am in the first semester of university for year 1, I was wondering if it was too late for me to transfer to another course at a different university. I have already met the grade entry requirements for the new course I want to do. Is it still possible for me to transfer despite me being 1 month into the first term or not? Is there anyone else out there who has done the same ? What's the process like ?

It’s possible but not likely to be simple or guaranteed.

You need to:
- talk to the university you want to switch to to find out if they’re still accepting clearing applications and get a provisional offer from them asap along with any deadlines for adding them as a UCAS choice
- make sure they understand that you have started a course elsewhere and so they will have to negotiate transfer of your tuition fee loan for the first term
- find out what the process is to withdraw from your current course and the fee payment terms and conditions that you agreed to when you enrolled
- talk to the admissions team at your current university to ask for their help to place your application back into clearing
And also find out if there are any financial repercussions if you leave your current accommodation, and find somewhere to live if you get into your second university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending