The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Accommodation Question

Does warwick have any shared rooms?? Not shared bathrooms but rooms you share with a roommate. I reallllllly do not want to a shared room. If a shared room were to be a possibility that would show up as an option in application process right?
thanks
Reply 1
All undergraduate rooms are single occupancy rooms. They used to have twin rooms up until 2020ish and you will still find some rare rooms with two beds around (e.g. I know Sherbourne has a few, not sure if the old Rootes and Bluebell ones still exist), but they are allocated to individuals. Choosing a shared room preference was always part of the booking process when they existed, so the fact that they don't ask anymore should provide some extra reassurance :smile:

I don't know if COVID was the reason for the change, but they've had some large new halls open in the last few years so I assume the increased capacity was part of the reason for not going back to shared rooms.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by zeerrrr
Does warwick have any shared rooms?? Not shared bathrooms but rooms you share with a roommate. I reallllllly do not want to a shared room. If a shared room were to be a possibility that would show up as an option in application process right?
thanks

Hi there,
Shared rooms are quite rare as a whole for student accommodation but as the other poster has summarised, this should provide some reassurance. What I would suggest is considering your options, if you are concerned about the kind of room you might be allocated, i.e. private student accommodation in the Warwick area.

Hope this helps!

- Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest