The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Resits

I got A* A B in maths, further maths and economics and I missed out on my offer from warwick for mathematics and statistics. I'm set to go Kings college for the same degree but I'm indecisive as I've been thinking about taking a gap year in order to resit further maths to reapply next year. My question is would I be able to apply to Warwick with the B in economics as their previous offer was A*A*B as it was contextual so would contextuality be considered with just applying. I was predicted A*A*A so I was able to apply without worry about this. Or would I have to retake economics as well?
Reply 1
I suggest you email admissions about this for next year’s entry
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by timuugen1
I got A* A B in maths, further maths and economics and I missed out on my offer from warwick for mathematics and statistics. I'm set to go Kings college for the same degree but I'm indecisive as I've been thinking about taking a gap year in order to resit further maths to reapply next year. My question is would I be able to apply to Warwick with the B in economics as their previous offer was A*A*B as it was contextual so would contextuality be considered with just applying. I was predicted A*A*A so I was able to apply without worry about this. Or would I have to retake economics as well?

I would suggest accept the offer from Kings, since it is the same degree. Unless there is something special about warwick… but you will using a year to resit, is the year worth it?
Reply 3
Original post by anoraeb
I suggest you email admissions about this for next year’s entry

cool
Original post by timuugen1

You will need to call them. Some oversubscribed courses require the grades to be from one sitting (i.e. no resits) but only they will know. Warwick is a great uni with an excellent reputation for maths. It's also a lovely campus with cheap accommodation options so a year out resitting 1 or 2 A levels might be worth it.
Reply 5
Original post by BankaiGintoki
I would suggest accept the offer from Kings, since it is the same degree. Unless there is something special about warwick… but you will using a year to resit, is the year worth it?

i rly wanted to go warwick haha but its also the fact that kings is extremely expensive lol and there is a rooms shortage i believe

Quick Reply

Latest