The Student Room Group

Moving to Cambridge

Hi, I have an offer to study at a central college this year, and I'm thinking about the moving-in situation. My parents will probably give me a lift to Cambridge, and I will probably be bringing along a monitor and other items in the car, but I'm concerned about where we would park and how we would get my belongings to the college from there. Any advice would be helpful :smile:
Reply 1
Your college will provide information about this in due course.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I have an offer to study at a central college this year, and I'm thinking about the moving-in situation. My parents will probably give me a lift to Cambridge, and I will probably be bringing along a monitor and other items in the car, but I'm concerned about where we would park and how we would get my belongings to the college from there. Any advice would be helpful :smile:

Central colleges have been doing this for so long, that it's usually a fairly well-oiled machine.

There will usually be a fixed time-window for you to arrive in a car and many colleges will have opened up side doors to allow cars to get in and will have porters on hand to provide directions.

Most people will park up in Cambridge or nearby and have a coffee until their time slot and then head on in. There may be trolleys available to help move belongings. You'll want to try and do the unloading fairly swiftly and get the car back out again in your time slot or you will incur the wrath of the Porters.

So watch out for the detailed information the College will send and perhaps explore some places to park while waiting for your slot and look into routes to the College.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending