The Student Room Group

University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) A100 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by academic.warrior
When did they get the offers?

The day when everyone was getting them.
What reassured me about that email was the fact that If I didn't do well for my interview. they would reconsider me to the 6 year foundation program! So there's lots of hope!
Original post by Noice_1
What reassured me about that email was the fact that If I didn't do well for my interview. they would reconsider me to the 6 year foundation program! So there's lots of hope!

Isn’t that only for international students?
Original post by academic.warrior
Isn’t that only for international students?

Oh well im not sure, I myself am an international student, so I'm not sure about Home students
Original post by christinapsfung
I am from Canada and informed the university that I couldn’t join the Canadian interviews last week because I was travelling. However, I have not heard back about what is the alternative. Any suggestion?
Hi @christinapsfung,

I'd like to have a look into this for you, please could you send us a direct message with some further information regarding your application. Within this private message could you include the following information:

Full name

Application ID

Course name

Date of birth

Email address

Do let me know if you have any questions. 😊

Best wishes,
Sarah
Original post by FutureDocTee
Offer received at 17:10 March 20th!!🥳Home grad student. Interviewed Feb 15th.
Congratulations on your offer @FutureDocTee 🎉

We hope to welcome you onto campus in September. 😊

Best wishes,
Sarah
Hello everyone, I request you to please help me with the following query
I understand that UCLan has Arithmetic and Writing(English) tasks as a part of their interview. Does the uni website or any other resource provide a rough idea of what these are exactly?
Being an international student, I lack familiarity with these requirements and would greatly appreciate your guidance.
Original post by ugh.
Did anyone else get an email today? Mine said: It was great to meet you and we hope you got chance to explore the School of Medicine and Dentistry and our campus.We wanted to let you know that our expert academic team are still busy reviewing your application after your interview stage. This does not mean your application is no longer being considered. We'll update you to let you know what happens next and you will receive a decision by 16 May 2024.

Yh i received this email too. I dont know what it means? Anyone know?

No idea why they sent an update without an actual update!
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi @christinapsfung,
I'd like to have a look into this for you, please could you send us a direct message with some further information regarding your application. Within this private message could you include the following information:

Full name

Application ID

Course name

Date of birth

Email address

Do let me know if you have any questions. 😊
Best wishes,
Sarah

Hello, was wondering how many more offers are to come out for home students. And how long will this take? Have all offers been given out?

Wait game is killing me :’)
Original post by Qwerty200
Hello, was wondering how many more offers are to come out for home students. And how long will this take? Have all offers been given out?
Wait game is killing me :’)
Hi @Qwerty200,

Thanks for your message. I understand that waiting to hear back about your application can be an uncertain time, our admissions team are busy working through applications and will be in touch as soon as possible with an update. For home applicants, our admissions team do have until Thursday 16 May to come back with a decision. I can't confirm how many offers have been given out I'm afraid.

Do let me know if you have any questions.

All the best, 😊
Sarah
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Congratulations on your offer @FutureDocTee 🎉
We hope to welcome you onto campus in September. 😊
Best wishes,
Sarah

Hi, I applied for medecine at UCLAN University in November but I haven't heard back since then. I am an international student. I am kinda worried that my application might have got forgotten.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Aida Bagherian
Hi, I applied for medecine at UCLAN University in November but I haven't heard back since then. I am an international student. I am kinda worried that my application might have got forgotten.
Hi @Aida Bagherian,

Thanks for your message and it's great to see that you've applied to study medicine here at UCLan! Please be assured that the admissions team are working hard to process applications and will be in touch as soon as possible with an update. If you have any concerns about your application, please feel free to send us a direct message through any of our social media channels which you can find here.

Within your private message do include the following information:

Full name

Application Id

Course name

Date you submitted your application

Date of birth

Email address

Many thanks,
Sarah
Reply 252
are all interview dates done? or are there more yet to come - international student
Original post by aj2203
are all interview dates done? or are there more yet to come - international student

I'm pretty sure interview dates go up to May. But I think the finished with some countries. (I know that they're done with Canada)
I only submitted my application on March 17th for MBBS. Will I still be considered? An international applicant
Hi would it be too late to submit my application this month?
Does anyone know if the UCLAN mmi requires high medical knowledge, like cures and symptoms of various diseases and injuries, or is it only qualities of applicants as a doctor?
Original post by Nithinnnn
Does anyone know if the UCLAN mmi requires high medical knowledge, like cures and symptoms of various diseases and injuries, or is it only qualities of applicants as a doctor?

No high medical knowledge! Just qualities of a doctor!
Original post by Noice_1
No high medical knowledge! Just qualities of a doctor!

Thank you!
Original post by aj2203
Hi @aj2203,

Thanks for your message. We do receive any very high volume of applications for our Medicine programmes, so please bear with us. The admissions team are continuing to process applications as soon as possible and for international students, interviews will likely continue up until the end of June.

I hope this helps and do let me know if you have any questions 😊

Best wishes,
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending