The Student Room Group

University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) A100 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jk97_
Mines worse! 2370 B2
2:1 Mpharm
Did you get the same stats last year ?
I really hope I have a chance but doubting it

Join the club. Yes I got the same last year just a B2. Although last year they didn’t require the UCAT. So I’m not sure how it’s going to be this year since they’re considering the UCAT.

Where else did you apply? I applied to Lincoln and Notts.
Reply 61
Original post by FutureDocTee
Join the club. Yes I got the same last year just a B2. Although last year they didn’t require the UCAT. So I’m not sure how it’s going to be this year since they’re considering the UCAT.

Where else did you apply? I applied to Lincoln and Notts.

Did you get an interview invite last year ?
Applied to Kent , Brunel , ARU
They’re all most definitely rejecting me - but just need to try again next year with the UCAT
Original post by Jk97_
Did you get an interview invite last year ?
Applied to Kent , Brunel , ARU
They’re all most definitely rejecting me - but just need to try again next year with the UCAT

I didn’t get an interview. I asked for feedback on my TSS form & I got 19/25 apparently and due to the volume of applicants maybe people who got higher scores got interviews. There weren’t many spaces for Home students. But I remember reading that theres 30 more spaces (I think) for home students this year. So you never know.

Same here tbh. But honestly it’s always worth making an application to keep your head in the game. Don’t give up!!

Likewise I’m preparing to sit the GAMSAT and UCAT again just need to give myself longer to prepare and give it my all this time round.

You go this!!
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by demonslayer14
Thank you for taking out the time to reach out, I wanted to know if you could give me some tips regarding the interview prep as well as what resources I should be looking at specifically that would prep me for the same. Also, how long would you say you prepped for the interview?
Any help from your side would be appreciated! Thank you so much.

Hello,

Congrats on getting an interview! It took me around 2 weeks to prepare for the interview !

My best advice would be to be very familiar with the university amenities as often they would ask you about why you are picking this university. For UCLan, we have an international campus, a really cool anatomage table, and early patient contact.

I also would advice to use Youtube as there is a lot of advice on MMI preparation. While I was preparing I used a book called Medical School Interviews by ISC medical, its really helpful with lots of tips.

On the day, ensure you are dressed professionally, and have a big smile ! Also if you feel you didn't do as well on a station, try to go into the next one with a fresh mindset as they are not related.

Best of Luck,
Haya - MBBS 5
Reply 64
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi there,

Just by way of an update you might be interested to know that we have recently been granted 35 additional UK places for 2024-25 entry to our MBBS programme - the full story can be found here: https://www.uclan.ac.uk/news/uclan-granted-35-new-medical-places

Best wishes
Zoe

Hi May I ask a few questions:

Will students be required to take UKMLA and in which year?

For students who are British but living abroad, what fee status?

Will international application be through UCAS or directly from university ?

thanks
Original post by LucyJAT

thanks

If you have been living abroad for many months in the last 3 years then you may be an international student for fee purposes, international applications can be sent either through UCAS or directly to UCLan however the UCAS deadline has already passed for the 2024 entry so you may need to apply directly
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by LucyJAT

thanks

Hi @LucyJAT,

It's great to see that you are interested in our MBBS Medicine & Surgery programme and thank you for your questions. For students who are British but living abroad, our admissions team will complete an assessment of your fee status, as required, as part of our standard application assessment process.

International applications can apply through either UCAS or directly through the university, home students can only apply through UCAS for this course. Regarding your first question about whether students will be required to take the UKMLA exam, I will need to speak to one of our academics for clarification on this so let me get back to you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

All the best, 😊
Sarah
Reply 67
Hey there, thanks :smile:
Yes, I’m an international student and I’ve booked my interview for the 12th of Jan, though the dates went up until may. Hope this helps !

Congrats! May I ask your stats? thanks
Original post by UCLan Student
Hi everyone!

I'm one of the current MBBS students at UCLan! If you have any questions about life at UCLan, I'm more than happy to try and answer them for you!

Best wishes,
Rebecca

Hi I was wondering how many international spot does Uclan have for the 2024 school year ? And once u submit the application how long does it usually take to hear a reply back for updates etc. thanks

I did like 2 weeks ago

Hey congratulations on the interview just wanted to know how longer after u applied did u hear back by?
Original post by LucyJAT

thanks

Hi @LucyJAT,

Thanks for your patience while I looked into this. All of our students studying on the MBBS Medicine & Surgery course will be required to take the MLA. It comes in 2 parts, the Applied Knowledge Test (AKT) which the students will sit in Year 4 and the Clinical and professional skills assessment (CPSA) which they sit in Year 5.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please do let me know and I'd be happy to help 😊

All the best,
Sarah
Original post by Lilbob2005
Hi I was wondering how many international spot does Uclan have for the 2024 school year ? And once u submit the application how long does it usually take to hear a reply back for updates etc. thanks

Hi @Lilbob2005,

Thank you for your questions. It's great to hear that you are interested in our MBBS Medicine & Surgery course. The Medical School here at UCLan has a significant number of international students on the MBBS and MBBS with Foundation courses. In previous years we've had roughly between 150-200 international places across these courses. Applying early puts international students in a better position of gaining a place at the school.

We understand that waiting to hear back about applications can be a worrying time for many but it is normal for it take a few months to hear back regarding all medical programmes given the highly competitive nature of the courses. Please be assured that the admissions team are working hard to process applications and will be in touch as soon as possible with an update.

I hope this helps and do let me know if you have any questions 😊

All the best,
Sarah
International applicant here, just direct applied but worried if I’ll get a chance for interview (and possibly an offer if I did okay in the interview
Predicted 3A* UCAT 2910 but band 3 and this is what worries me. Anyone have any thoughts…?
For international applicants, the official website said UCAT isn’t required. (They stated only UK students require UCAT) so is it true that they assess us solely base on predicted grades and personal statements(?
Reply 74
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi @LucyJAT,

Thanks for your patience while I looked into this. All of our students studying on the MBBS Medicine & Surgery course will be required to take the MLA. It comes in 2 parts, the Applied Knowledge Test (AKT) which the students will sit in Year 4 and the Clinical and professional skills assessment (CPSA) which they sit in Year 5.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please do let me know and I'd be happy to help 😊

All the best,
Sarah

Hi Sarah, thank you so much for the information, that is what I need exactly .
I am also wordering how you assess the international applicants since UCAT is not required.

Also, as you mentioned "Applying early puts international students in a better position of gaining a place at the school", could you please be more specific about the starting date for direct application of 2025 fall? thank you
Original post by usernamecsk
For international applicants, the official website said UCAT isn’t required. (They stated only UK students require UCAT) so is it true that they assess us solely base on predicted grades and personal statements(?

Yes, they don’t require a ucat for internationals and they give high value to your personal statement so make sure you write it well as the word limit is 20,000 words I guess so there are no restrictions
Original post by usernamecsk

yes
Reply 77
Hey everyone, does anybody know if there is going to be some arithematic questions for the interview if so, do you know what type.
Original post by Abhi20026
Hey everyone, does anybody know if there is going to be some arithematic questions for the interview if so, do you know what type.

Nobody knows and nobody can say so better prepare regardless. If there are any they should be simple anyway
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Lilbob2005
Hey congratulations on the interview just wanted to know how longer after u applied did u hear back by?

I applied on 5th November and received an invite on the 16th, hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending