The Student Room Group

University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) A100 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

just got an interview invite oml!!! (intl)
Reply 81
Original post by weburnallnight

Congrats! May I ask your stats? thanks
Original post by LucyJAT
Congrats! May I ask your stats? thanks

3070 b1 3A* predicted :smile:

Hi @weburnallnight,

Congratulations on getting an interview invite for our MBBS Medicine & Surgery course, you must be so pleased. 😊

Best of luck for your interview, if you have any questions about the course or life here at UCLan I'd be happy to help.

All the best,
Sarah
Reply 84

Congratulations! What does intl mean?
Hi @weburnallnight ,

Intl is an abbreviation for International 😊

Sarah
(edited 3 months ago)

Heyyy congratulations how long after u applied did u get a interview also did u apply through UCAS
Reply 87
3070 b1 3A* predicted :smile:

nice! I got an interview too, im international too!

I had 2550b2 and 5A*

What country are u from? just curious!
Reply 88
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi @weburnallnight ,

Intl is an abbreviation for International 😊

Sarah

I just have a quick question! Do you know the percentage of international places per applicant for interviews? So if 100 people are interviewed, do 60 of them get the offer? less or more?

Thank you!
Original post by usernamecsk
For international applicants, the official website said UCAT isn’t required. (They stated only UK students require UCAT) so is it true that they assess us solely base on predicted grades and personal statements(?

Hi @usernamecsk,

Thanks for your question. I can confirm that international students will be assessed on predicted grades, references and personal statements.

I hope this, if you have any questions do let me know 😊

Best wishes,
Sarah
Original post by LucyJAT
Hi Sarah, thank you so much for the information, that is what I need exactly .
I am also wordering how you assess the international applicants since UCAT is not required.

Also, as you mentioned "Applying early puts international students in a better position of gaining a place at the school", could you please be more specific about the starting date for direct application of 2025 fall? thank you

Hi @LucyJAT,

You're most welcome. As UCAT is not required for international applicants, they will be assessed on predicted grades, references and personal statements. Applications for our MBBS Medicine & Surgery course September 2025 start will open in September 2024.

I hope this helps. 😊
Sarah
Hi. Any home students here?
Reply 92
Original post by Myrddudutd
Hi. Any home students here?

Hi I am!
Reply 93
Hi everyone!
I applied on Oct 25 and haven’t got an interview invite yet so I’m nervously waiting 🥲
Does anyone know around when they stop sending invites for international applicants ?
Reply 94
Original post by Yaqeenaa
Hi everyone!
I applied on Oct 25 and haven’t got an interview invite yet so I’m nervously waiting 🥲
Does anyone know around when they stop sending invites for international applicants ?

I have no idea but dont worry too much because i dont know of anyone who is a home applicant who has an interview yet.
Hi everyone!

Hi, they send invites and offers on a roll on basis, so I think they’ll send invites till may (from what I’ve seen from the previous threads)
Keep your hopes up, I hope you get an invite soon !!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 96
Hi everyone!

Isnt october 16 the deadline for home apllicants for medicine?
Original post by mxlaika1
Isnt october 16 the deadline for home apllicants for medicine?

Yes but she is an international applicant and she has a different deadline
Omg Interview!!!!! home student
I thought we had to do a work experience form? Is there anything wrong?
Edit: I got shortlisted for an interview and the email says I have to send the work experience form 48 hours before my interview
Can't believe it🥹
(edited 3 months ago)
Interview!!! Home student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending