The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

EEE mat concerns

I plan to apply to imperial and I do FM,maths,physics and computing.However, i’ve heard about the admission exam having parts of further maths in it but my school does alevel maths in first and FM in second should i just learn the FM course on the side or will i be fine with just alevel maths
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Hey, I'm going to imperial in a couple days for EEE so I've been through the process you will. The MAT was quite difficult but it's set up in a way that if you haven't studied something they won't penalise you for not answering. You get negative marks for wrong answers so don't answer randomly to fill everything just focus on the questions you can answer. I wouldn't recommend learning the FM on the side just focus on the topics they have on the website.
Original post by Unseenhunter
Hey, I'm going to imperial in a couple days for EEE so I've been through the process you will. The MAT was quite difficult but it's set up in a way that if you haven't studied something they won't penalise you for not answering. You get negative marks for wrong answers so don't answer randomly to fill everything just focus on the questions you can answer. I wouldn't recommend learning the FM on the side just focus on the topics they have on the website.

alright i will just focus on alevel maths thank you.BTW do you know how often applicants get to the EEE mat or do lots of applicants get rejected before they get to do the exam
Reply 4
hi guys, when is Imperial MAT for Aero/EEE this year? I heard last year that they conduct it on just two fixed dates (in Nov & Feb) but I may be mistaken so just wanted to check.
Reply 5
Hi! I believe if we apply before 6PM today then it’s in November. Anything after the Oxbridge deadline, the MAT is in February (I may be mistaken). They haven’t confirmed any dates yet but I think they’ll be posted on the EEE website and we’ll get an email after we’ve applied. Goodluck!! Does anyone know if it’s difficult?

Original post by Toby766
hi guys, when is Imperial MAT for Aero/EEE this year? I heard last year that they conduct it on just two fixed dates (in Nov & Feb) but I may be mistaken so just wanted to check.
Its apparently very hard (not to scare anyone) because quite a few of my friends did it and they are pretty smart so yeh. I mean its very very time pressured and also has negative marking so thats hard. Plus the questions are designed to take you time unless you can find a shortcut pretty quickly.
Reply 7
This is what Imperial say themselves on their website:

Of those applicants who were invited for Interview in 2021-22, the scores were as follows: max=70%, median=32.5%, min=12.5%. In 2020-21 they were as follows: max=90%, median=48%, min=26%.

so scoring 25-30% shouldn't be too hard I guess?

Source: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/admin-services/secretariat/information-governance/freedom-of-information/disclosure-log/student-information/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending