The Student Room Group

A level help

Hey, I get my GCSE grade’s tomorrow and I need help deciding on what a levels to do .
I want to study law with a language or if that doesn’t work modern languages however as law is what I am striving for I was thinking of doing french Spanish and English lit. I don’t know if I should choose between french or RE as I’ve head that RE is preferable for law however I want to study international law so does anyone know if french or re would be better ? Would I still be considered if I did two languages instead of re ?
Original post by Fifi2005
Hey, I get my GCSE grade’s tomorrow and I need help deciding on what a levels to do .
I want to study law with a language or if that doesn’t work modern languages however as law is what I am striving for I was thinking of doing french Spanish and English lit. I don’t know if I should choose between french or RE as I’ve head that RE is preferable for law however I want to study international law so does anyone know if french or re would be better ? Would I still be considered if I did two languages instead of re ?

All I know is Russel groups (top ranking unis) frown upon languages as a levels especially if you are doing more than one. You can do it as a 4th a level tho and if you want to become a lawyer you might want to do chemistry so you can say it helps with paying attention to detail as you will compete with others wanting to do law at uni
Look at what degrees the unis offer and see if that helps you decide.

Law with French (law) is very popular

Also, look at what a levels or other requirements they have footprint entry to your favoured course

Quick Reply

Latest