The Student Room Group

Should i still put core maths grade on application plz help

Hi guys. So I’m going to apply for chemistry at kings and UOM next year but I don’t do A level maths instead I took core maths as an optional extra, I did Chem,Bio and geography and are predicted A*A*A however I got my core maths result back and got a C ( I was 2 marks of a B fuming ) I’m wondering if it’s worth putting it on my application or would it weaken my application as it’s a relatively low grade?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Jackdavisvfhfjf
Hi guys. So I’m going to apply for chemistry at kings and UOM next year but I don’t do A level maths instead I took core maths as an optional extra, I did Chem,Bio and geography and are predicted A*A*A however I got my core maths result back and got a C ( I was 2 marks of a B fuming ) I’m wondering if it’s worth putting it on my application or would it weaken my application as it’s a relatively low grade?

If you were just two marks off a B, have you considered a "Review of Marking" to see if you can obtain those two extra marks?

As for your "I’m wondering if it’s worth putting it on my application" question, that's not a decision you can make. As UCAS make clear here (they even put it in bold): "You must enter all your qualifications from secondary education onwards".
Original post by DataVenia
If you were just two marks off a B, have you considered a "Review of Marking" to see if you can obtain those two extra marks?

As for your "I’m wondering if it’s worth putting it on my application" question, that's not a decision you can make. As UCAS make clear here (they even put it in bold): "You must enter all your qualifications from secondary education onwards".

Hi, thank you for the reply I didn’t know about the UCAS thing but is the review something I can do personally or would I have to do it through school as we’re in summer holiday might be tricky to get ahold of someone and I assume there’s a period when you submit the review?
Original post by Jackdavisvfhfjf
Hi, thank you for the reply I didn’t know about the UCAS thing but is the review something I can do personally or would I have to do it through school as we’re in summer holiday might be tricky to get ahold of someone and I assume there’s a period when you submit the review?

Unfortunately, only your school can request this (unless you're a private candidate - i.e. studying outside of a school / college).

You're not in any particular hurry, though, are you? Even if you were applying for Oxbridge or medicine/dentistry/etc. (which your post suggests that you're not) then you wouldn't need to get your UCAS application in until mid October. So ask your school to make the request once school resumes in a couple of weeks' time. The deadline for the exam board to complete the review of marking is 20 calendar days after they receive the request. So that'll be done before the end of September.

Quick Reply

Latest