The Student Room Group

Btec & a level

I want to take to take BTEC as it is a safer option then then A LEVEL I was wondering if I will be able to go into a uni to do engineering or IT?
Reply 1
Original post by 12345677666
I want to take to take BTEC as it is a safer option then then A LEVEL I was wondering if I will be able to go into a uni to do engineering or IT?

Hey you will be able to go to a uni to do engineering or IT but it depends on the university. Some top universities will ideally want A-Level Maths and will only accept the BTEC alongside this.

It will also depend on the BTEC you are doing.
Reply 2
If you don’t mind me asking again what’s the difference between T level and btec and is possible that I can get into uni with T level. Because I have searched in most top universities and I have not found anything about T Level.
Reply 3
Original post by 12345677666
If you don’t mind me asking again what’s the difference between T level and btec and is possible that I can get into uni with T level. Because I have searched in most top universities and I have not found anything about T Level.

T-Levels can get you into universities but only for specific courses.

As far as I’m aware they are a qualification where you study in college but also work for a short time during it. And they are mostly for more hands-on subjects.

This is a list of universities that accept T-Levels for one or more subjects:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/t-level-resources-for-universities/providers-that-have-confirmed-t-levels-suitable-for-entry-on-one-course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending