The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

University application

I would like to go to Northumbria University and do a foundation year. 80 points are required and I wanted to know if I get a conditional offer and end up messing up on one of my A levels but are close to 80. (e.g. getting 72 instead of 80 points) would they be flexible with it or re they really strict with entry?
Original post by x._.adeena._.x
I would like to go to Northumbria University and do a foundation year. 80 points are required and I wanted to know if I get a conditional offer and end up messing up on one of my A levels but are close to 80. (e.g. getting 72 instead of 80 points) would they be flexible with it or re they really strict with entry?

on results day, you don't get the grades, you will be in clearing. Than, you will call your university, apply for the same course, with clearing, universities are flexible - for example, if you missed your offer by one grade, they may allow you on.

see: Try to be realistic about the grades you think you might gain but remember that universities are likely to be more flexible with entry requirements during Clearing (this also means you could get your original place when you didn't expect it good news all round).

https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/clearing/guide-clearing#:~:text=Try%20to%20be%20realistic%20about,%E2%80%93%20good%20news%20all%20round).
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending