The Student Room Group

Official 2023-24 Scottish Students (National 5s, Highers and Advanced Highers) chat

Scroll to see replies

(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 21
Was definitely wondering when we'd get a thread to post in~ Thank you OP for starting it!!! :dancing:
My name's Sofea (you can call me by my username or name #yourchoice :h:) and, I'm currently a suffering S6 (#omgi'msoold:dong:)~
I have a blog documenting my final year of secondary school where I try to apply for Med & Dentistry (not going well)!
It's here if you're interested lolol --> My Frantic Final Year :'D? | enhaluvr's GYG Journal (23-24)
Pronouns are she/her & I'm taking AH Bio, AH Maths, AH Music and crashing Higher Accounting this year.
My favourite film has to be 20th Century Girl. It's my comfort film that I go back to just to remind myself that I'm slaying in comparison to the heartbroken protagonist in the end :'D #icryeverytime
Anyone know why Edinburgh ranks 22nd in QS world university rankings for 2024 equating to 5th in the UK but The complete university guide places it at 12th. Makes no sense how St Andrews is ranked 1st there whilst only 92nd on QS. Edinburgh supersedes St Andrews in every aspect
Reply 23
Original post by eggbread78134
Anyone know why Edinburgh ranks 22nd in QS world university rankings for 2024 equating to 5th in the UK but The complete university guide places it at 12th. Makes no sense how St Andrews is ranked 1st there whilst only 92nd on QS. Edinburgh supersedes St Andrews in every aspect

Idk tbh all of the ranking are all over the place it changed whichever website you pick I normally just check the general rankings on a few sites and combine it with the individual course rankings for the year to get a better idea
Just gonna go 2nd year entry at Edinburgh for maths I guess. 22nd QS ranking and 5th in UK according to all international league tables.
Reply 25
What do you want us to call you? Libby
Pronouns: She/Her
Qualifications you're taking this year: Maths, English, Modern Studies, Physics, Chemistry, Computing Science
Favourite film: Coach Carter
Reply 26
Original post by libby<3
What do you want us to call you? Libby
Pronouns: She/Her
Qualifications you're taking this year: Maths, English, Modern Studies, Physics, Chemistry, Computing Science
Favourite film: Coach Carter

What year are you in? You doing 6 highers ?
Reply 27
Original post by Lyq
What year are you in? You doing 6 highers ?

forgot to say there all at nat 5
Reply 28
Original post by michaelfarnell5
This thread is where the TSRians of ScotQuals can relax and chat about whatever they want :smile:

Is your geography teacher doing your head in?* Induction days sending you to sleep?* Or did you just bake a cake? :gah:* It can all go in here- enjoy :smile:

Perhaps start by introducing yourself:

What do you want us to call you?
Pronouns:
Qualifications you're taking this year:
Favourite film:

Share as much or as little detail as you wish :yep:

Feel free to call me Luna :smile: She/they pronouns, I'm taking AH English, French, and Music and Higher History (crashing music and History because I decided to make my life hell this year) and hoping to get as many As as possible! My favourite film that I can think of just now is the 2019 Little Women, or Dead Poets' Society <3
Reply 29
I am a little late but hi everyone!
My name is Ìle, she/her.
I am in S5 and taking higher: Gàidhlig, Business Management, Chemistry, Physics and Geography!
And I am scared of the assignments!
Reply 30
Original post by michaelfarnell5
This thread is where the TSRians of ScotQuals can relax and chat about whatever they want :smile:

Is your geography teacher doing your head in?* Induction days sending you to sleep?* Or did you just bake a cake? :gah:* It can all go in here- enjoy :smile:

Perhaps start by introducing yourself:

What do you want us to call you?
Pronouns:
Qualifications you're taking this year:
Favourite film:

Share as much or as little detail as you wish :yep:

Hiya! I’m Lily-she/her
This year I’m taking: English, Maths, Geography, Biology and Art (all higher)
I have loaaads of favourite films but the first ones that come to mind are: the Lego movie, the SpongeBob movie and Scary movie
So far maths is reallly hard (I got a D in nat 5 😭) but I’m somehow favouring it over others as it doesn’t have any coursework!! Bio is probably my favourite subject over all though. English is pretty easy so far but my teacher is so annoying… he made us write two portfolios (one creative, one discursive) even though we only need one!! It’s just a waste of time cos we have only done one poem!!
Guess I'm a bit late to the party but hiii everyone!

I guess just call me by my name, engineering06?
I'm taking 3 Advanced Highers (all STEM/Maths related) and the Baccalaureate this year.
I don't really know what my favourite movie is - don't really have one rn but I guess you could say I really enjoyed Alvin and the Chipmunks as a kid. Anywhoooo, how's everyone doing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending