The Student Room Group

My Frantic Final Year :'D? | enhaluvr's GYG Journal (23-24)

🍃 🎧 🌱 🌻
Welcome to my GYG Journal!

Let's start this chapter off right~

Tomorrow is officially the first day of my final year of school (I'm feeling ancient)!
I thought "What better way to document my year and keep myself on track than to make a GYG journal?" and so here I am. :cake:
For context, I'm going into S6 (which is the Scottish equivalent of Year 13 I think)~

One of the main goals of this blog is to:

overcome my evil arch-nemesis (PROCRASTINATION)

apply to Med/Dentistry for 2024 entry

never back down (NEVER WHAT? never give up :bubbles:) this year!

Wish me luck as I try to keep myself as sane as possible ahaha :')

🍃 GRADES

Spoiler

🎧 ABOUT ME

Spoiler

BLOG INFO !!!

Spoiler

Blogs I find fun to read! :smile:
my fav gal @toothysmile's blogs:
toothysmile's yr13 journal
UCAT motivation
@itz_lilly (w/ their GOAT tier music taste)'s blog
lilly's premed (mini-)blog
@hat25's super, amazing, inspirational GYG blogs~
last year of sixth form ahhhhhhhhhh
Academic Comeback (ง •̀_•́)ง

©enhaluvr 2023
(edited 7 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

So excited!!!
Reply 2
Original post by toothysmile
So excited!!!

AHHH thank you queen :h: !!!
Reply 3
Original post by enhaluvr
🍃 🎧 🌱 🌻
Welcome to my GYG Journal!

Let's start this chapter off right~

Tomorrow is officially the first day of my final year of school (I'm feeling ancient)!
I thought "What better way to document my year and keep myself on track than to make a GYG journal?" and so here I am. :cake:
For context, I'm going into S6 (which is the Scottish equivalent of Year 13 I think)~

One of the main goals of this blog is to:

overcome my evil arch-nemesis (PROCRASTINATION)

apply to Med/Dentistry for 2024 entry

never back down (NEVER WHAT? never give up :bubbles:) this year!

Wish me luck as I try to keep myself as sane as possible ahaha :')

🍃 GRADES

Spoiler

🎧 ABOUT ME

Spoiler

BLOG INFO !!!

Spoiler

Blogs I find fun to read! :smile:
toothysmile's yr13 journal by @toothysmile:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=6011042
last year of sixth form ahhhhhhhhhh by @hat25:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7279890
ThrivingFrog's Year 12 Blog! by @thrivingfrog:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7257988
The Mindful Minor by @PiltoverQueen:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7372836

Your thread is so kyuteeee, I'm so excited ৻(•̀ •́ ৻)⊹。₊*⊹.˚
Reply 4
Original post by hat25
Your thread is so kyuteeee, I'm so excited ৻(•̀ •́ ৻)⊹。₊*⊹.˚

THANK YOUUUU. I'M HONOURED. I've always wanted to make one after following yours~
Let's pray I get into uni just like you! #rolemodel #myinspo :h::heart:
Reply 5
THANK YOUUUU. I'M HONOURED. I've always wanted to make one after following yours~
Let's pray I get into uni just like you! #rolemodel #myinspo :h::heart:

Omg TYSMMMMMM (,,> <,,)
You've got this ⸜(。 ˃ ˂ )⸝♡
Reply 6
🍃 21/08 - 27/08
🎧 pls pretend I posted this on Sunday :')

live footage of me this week as I attempt to perform the greatest academic comeback known to man --> getting back into a study routine for school

Mon - last day of summer :frown:

Spoiler

Tues - FIRST DAY BACK IN TORTURE TOWN

Spoiler

Wed - I'M SO DONE ALREADY.

Spoiler

Thurs - felt better today yay! :h:

Spoiler

Fri - School is done & dusted !!!

Spoiler

Sat - My "Rest & Recover" Day :snoozing:

Spoiler

Sun
omg this first week went by so quickly??

Spoiler

(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 7
27/08 ~ mini-note!
Seconds after getting the following post up, this thread crashed due to the amount of formatting I used ahaha... :')
As a result, I'll be trying to keep my goals list to a minimum & my layout toned back from here on out :smile:

(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 8

🍃 28/08 - 03/09

my personalities when we realise that September is right around the corner & we've got so many things to get done

Mon - stayed up late T-T

Spoiler

Tues - terrific~

Spoiler

Wed - hi 🐳 ! :godancing:

Spoiler

Thurs - in my "meeting w/ people" era

Spoiler

Fri - hello September

Spoiler

Sat - BACK WHEN WE WERE STILL CHANGIN' FOR THE BETTER...

Spoiler

Sun - wanting (a consistent sleep schedule) was enough T-T

Spoiler

🎧 FOR ME, IT WAS ENOUGH.
TO LIVE FOR THE HOPE OF IT ALL.
CANCEL PLANS JUST IN CASE YOU'D CALL,
AND SAY "MEET ME BEHIND THE MALL".
SO MUCH FOR SUMMER LOVE AND SAYING "US"
CUZ YOU WEREN'T MINNEEEEEEEE TO LOSE~ you weren't mine to lose, no.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 9
30/08 ~ mini-note!
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THE LOVELY TSR PEOPLE FOR FIXING MY BLOG. I CAN POST NOW, WHAT??!.
I'VE HONESTLY NEVER BEEN MORE THANKFUL. #thatwasstressful #they'rethestarsfr #ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
(edited 8 months ago)

🍃 28/08 - 03/09

my personalities when we realise that September is right around the corner & we've got so many things to get done

Mon - stayed up late T-T

Spoiler

Tues - terrific~

Spoiler

Wed - hi 🐳 ! :godancing:

Spoiler

Thurs

- Attend Rights Respecting Schools Committee Meeting @10:25
- Attend meeting w/ 🦆 & teachers to discuss organising Prom/Winter Formal/Leaver's Hoodies @14:25
🦆 (emoji: duck) is another friend of mine. We're AH Music classmates :smile:
- Print out violin sheet music & practise first 15 bars!
- UCAT Review & Mock!

Fri
^

Sat
^

Sun
^

In 2022 i stayed up until 3 or even 4 am sometimes. Sometimes in 2021 and 2020 too. but wow that is ann insanely tight schedule. i'vew never woken up at 4am in my life. if you can keep this up then sure. but watch out burnout - it happened to me and it destroyed me. Going from BBC + gcses at 15 to only AAB at 16 is a screw up and I'd screwed up in grades.

Make sure you don't screw up. but you can always take a break in lunch or somethiing. so y'know, if you have the motivation to do so, go right ahead.
Reply 11
Original post by justlearning1469
In 2022 i stayed up until 3 or even 4 am sometimes. Sometimes in 2021 and 2020 too. but wow that is ann insanely tight schedule. i'vew never woken up at 4am in my life. if you can keep this up then sure. but watch out burnout - it happened to me and it destroyed me...

...Make sure you don't screw up. but you can always take a break in lunch or something. so y'know, if you have the motivation to do so, go right ahead.

Ahaha~ Thank you, how #insightful :smile: !!! Truth be told, I've not actually managed to wake up at 4am this week at all :'D. It's more of a goal than reality rn... #lovesleepinglate
(9`・ω・)9 ~ I'll try to keep up the motivation and not screw up though, thank you bro :biggrin:
Reply 12
02/09 ~ Monthly recap #1: A day late, but happy new month guys! (Happy new season too omg?)

* 。☁️ AUGUST! 🐚 *
The first month we're doing this for; How exciting!

happiness 8/10
Spent August with my family going on relaxing road trips! Grades on results day came out amazing. Also, when school began, I started this blog and was reunited with my funny school friends :h: ... so yeah, I'd say I was pretty happy during this month.
confidence 7.5/10
Confidence in my UCAT abilities? :colonhash: no... But it's okay because life isn't just all about the UCAT!!
I think I was more confident to speak out and express myself this month :smile: This blog, and the many people I've spoken to and befriended, are proof of that. #gratefultbh

mental health 6/10
Some ups & downs. The UCAT study sessions, the run-up to results day, and the many tasks from school were a bit stressful. But, spending quality time with family, friends and my music playlists certainly lifted my spirits when I was down.

best thing about this month
Hands down, getting my grades on results day. THE ANTICIPATION, THE WAIT, THE STRESS OF TRYING TO MEET THE UNI STANDARD ENTRY GRADE REQS? it's all over. we came out okay. we're all good. :cry2:
worst thing about this month
~ Trying to get to grips with the UCAT and studying for it
~ Mentally and physically preparing myself for my final year of school
fav memory/ies from this month
~ swinging in a hammock in front of the little family hut we slept in while glamping two weeks B4 school started
~ studying in the library whilst listening to 🐳 use the Feynman technique to study Hund's Rule
what I'm looking forward to next month
~ getting the UCAT over and done with (no matter what I score)
~ spending more study sessions in the library
~ writing a PS I'm proud of
if you could say something to your past self this month, what would it be?
Stop doubting yourself. Give yourself more credit for the things you've done, okay? You are loved, appreciated and worthy of all the praise and achievements you've earned. I'm proud of you (ourself) and that's all that matters. :heart:
(edited 7 months ago)
Ahaha~ Thank you, how #insightful :smile: !!! Truth be told, I've not actually managed to wake up at 4am this week at all :'D. It's more of a goal than reality rn... #lovesleepinglate
(9`・ω・)9 ~ I'll try to keep up the motivation and not screw up though, thank you bro :biggrin:

What's the use of having a schedule if you can't keep it up? Make a schedule that is difficult yet you can keep up. Otherwise you may start thinking "what's the point?" and procrastinate again.

Also, i suppose you can read https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7340878&page=5 and https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7336850&page=8#post98760758 for updates etc.

How late do you sleep? Remember, small changes that are kept are much better than big changes that are not kept.
Reply 14
What's the use of having a schedule if you can't keep it up? Make a schedule that is difficult yet you can keep up. Otherwise you may start thinking "what's the point?" and procrastinate again.

How late do you sleep? Remember, small changes that are kept are much better than big changes that are not kept.

You're so right. :cry:
I think I made the schedule thinking I could keep up with it but it's not working out that way in reality. :'D

My sleep schedule is more unstable than my internet connection rn tbh.
Yesterday, I slept at 1am. The day before... I slept at 5am. The day before the day before? I slept at 9pm.
So, I think, maybe I should start fixing my sleep schedule before trying anything else.
Thanks for the tips again tho, and I'll be sure to check your blog for any more updates :h:~

Maybe I'll make a few amends to my study schedule while I'm at it.
I'm sadly more of a dreamer than I am a "take-action" person. :doh:
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 15
🍃 04/09 - 10/09

what I say when someone asks me how I manage to procrastinate so often :'D

Mon - "chill", but not chilly T-T

Spoiler

Tues - ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶r̶o̶g̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ interview 2moro :cry2:

Spoiler

Wed - saved or set up by the fire alarm? :curious:

Spoiler

Thurs - this is me trying

Spoiler

Fri - okay, fr this time.

Spoiler

Sat - all sunflower Saturday?

Spoiler

Sun - didn't get many sunflowers actually...

Spoiler

(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 16
i knew i recognised your username when you commented on my new blog - i literally just saw this earlier! and the formatting is SO PRETTY OMG

might steal it-
You're so right. :cry:
I think I made the schedule thinking I could keep up with it but it's not working out that way in reality. :'D

My sleep schedule is more unstable than my internet connection rn tbh.
Yesterday, I slept at 1am. The day before... I slept at 5am. The day before the day before? I slept at 9pm.
So, I think, maybe I should start fixing my sleep schedule before trying anything else.
Thanks for the tips again tho, and I'll be sure to check your blog for any more updates :h:~

Maybe I'll make a few amends to my study schedule while I'm at it.
I'm sadly more of a dreamer than I am a "take-action" person. :doh:

Start small and make tiny changes over time. That's how you'd eventually get to it. I know it's difficult but if you can study for 1 more minute and keep that up for 2 months that's better than studying for 2 more hours for one day and then failing to keep a schedule.

You need to set up an alarm, use 1focus to block the web to stop late night browsing habits, etc. and maybe sleep at a consistent schedule, one which allows you to do what you want. I suppose you can sleep earlier by a few minutes a day, or several.

No problem for the tips. Which AH are you doing? I don't haave much experiencew with scottish system but got accepted for stuff early so i could advise a little bit?

You really need to amend that schedule - it is too rushed for you. It may lead to burnout if you do manage it but not able to keep it up, or even more procrastination. If so... you need to be conservative in what you can do for the time being (compared to expectations) because your expectations are too high.

I was in your position. Often in life you need to force yourself to do it. Maybe you should see a doctor for your executive function difficulties. I did see one, while treatment hasn't started yet, at least you can see if there is a medical, psychological reason for your procrastination - or even a disorder behind it.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 18
Original post by zeasea
i knew i recognised your username when you commented on my new blog - i literally just saw this earlier! and the formatting is SO PRETTY OMG

might steal it-

AHHHH DAYUMMMMM THANK YOU ZEASEA. Your blog's format is so cute too pls~
You sound so eloquent and put-together whenever I read your posts #myaspiration #icannotstringsentencestogetherirl #i'msuchafan
Reply 19
Start small and make tiny changes over time. That's how you'd eventually get to it. I know it's difficult but if you can study for 1 more minute and keep that up for 2 months that's better than studying for 2 more hours for one day and then failing to keep a schedule.

You need to set up an alarm, use 1focus to block the web to stop late night browsing habits, etc. and maybe sleep at a consistent schedule, one which allows you to do what you want. I suppose you can sleep earlier by a few minutes a day, or several.

No problem for the tips. Which AH are you doing? I don't haave much experiencew with scottish system but got accepted for stuff early so i could advise a little bit?

You really need to amend that schedule - it is too rushed for you. It may lead to burnout if you do manage it but not able to keep it up, or even more procrastination. If so... you need to be conservative in what you can do for the time being (compared to expectations) because your expectations are too high.

I was in your position. Often in life you need to force yourself to do it. Maybe you should see a doctor for your executive function difficulties. I did see one, while treatment hasn't started yet, at least you can see if there is a medical, psychological reason for your procrastination - or even a disorder behind it.

"Start small and make tiny changes over time." is definitely the way to go~ gunna adopt that as my life motto now :h:

Oh! I'm doing Advanced Higher Biology, Maths and Music this year :smile:
(H Accounting sounded fun so I'm doing that along with my 3 AHs too hehe).
Oddly enough, I love studying my subjects. Bio & Maths, for the stem girlie I am. Music for the free therapy. Accounting for the side of me that wants to grow up and start a business. #weloveit

Admittedly, I've not been able to dedicate as much study time as I'd like for my subjects though; I've been too busy trying to study for the UCAT this whole time :cry2:. It's derailed all my hot girl summer and hot girl study plans fr.
I'll mentally make amends to my study schedule for now... I think it'll become more of a "This is something I have the potential to achieve" thing for now yk?

... so yeah, it's not that I intentionally procrastinate, I just need to learn how to prioritise things properly, I think :')
Again, thank you for the endless tips :biggrin: I'll keep them in mind for later.
I'm sure they not only help me, but also everyone else reading our blogs too~ #you'rethesuperhero #GOATbehaviour

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending