The Student Room Group

School

Hi there, I am a 16-year-old student, now I am facing the problem of choosing schools and subjects. I came with my family. But our visa might be expired if it can not be renewed next year. Therefore I don't know what school can I choose, if the visa is not successful I am going to leave halfway through no matter what school I go to. But we probably will apply for independent school if this thing happened. Does anyone have any good ideas? e.g. Subjects that can help me to study in an Independent school and my future work or idea about the subjects that are useful for me, I only took French, Textile, food, and Drama as my GCSEs.The thing is not happened yet, so Don't worry, but I just need your idea as soon as you can, cause I am very worried about it.
Are those your additional GCSE subjects or you took Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English and Maths as well? Because you are going to find it very hard for any independent school to accept you without your core subjects.
Reply 2
Original post by Obsidian♡Hart
Are those your additional GCSE subjects or you took Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English and Maths as well? Because you are going to find it very hard for any independent school to accept you without your core subjects.

Yes I do take English, Math and Combined science:smile:
So I'm assuming you're going to do A Levels, before I can suggest anything do you have any idea what field you'd like to go into in terms of job or uni?
Reply 4
Original post by Obsidian♡Hart
So I'm assuming you're going to do A Levels, before I can suggest anything do you have any idea what field you'd like to go into in terms of job or uni?

I think either performing arts or cooking, because I still need someone to help to list the pros and cons of both of them, such as: Finding a job and what can I do with it. Then I can decide. I choose these two things all based on my GCSE subjects: Food and Drama. I don't know what else can I do if you have any good ideas, please do tell me, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending