The Student Room Group

Geography, English Lit, Philosophy and Sociology A-Levels

I'm studying the above subjects but I don't know if they are useful subjects to study or are 'soft' A levels. I'm hoping to have a career in the field of geography in the future, particularly in urban planning, but I'm not sure if the subjects I chose will open up numerous career pathways other than one in urban planning.

Forgot to mention that I will probably drop either sociology or philosophy in a year and would also like to know which would be better to keep out of the two.
Original post by idkidkidk244
I'm studying the above subjects but I don't know if they are useful subjects to study or are 'soft' A levels. I'm hoping to have a career in the field of geography in the future, particularly in urban planning, but I'm not sure if the subjects I chose will open up numerous career pathways other than one in urban planning.

Forgot to mention that I will probably drop either sociology or philosophy in a year and would also like to know which would be better to keep out of the two.

I had quick look at geography courses on UCAS and none of the course specified subjects that you should study in order to do the courses, so I wouldn't worry too much about your A-level choices. I would imagine those A-levels could be useful elsewhere although I haven't actually looked.

Quick Reply

Latest