The Student Room Group

Boyfriend invited himself ?

I have been seeing this guy for about a year and a half now. He lives quite far from me but do see him fairly often considering. I’m planning to go up north later in the year to visit family, told my boyfriend last night and he kind of invited himself which annoyed me. Just kind of want to be left alone to have family time but feel mean and don’t know how to tell him ? Told him I was going to take my son for a long weekend and he suggested asking my mum if she could have him for a couple of days so we could go together. Irritating. How do I tell him ?
Original post by Roxy810
I have been seeing this guy for about a year and a half now. He lives quite far from me but do see him fairly often considering. I’m planning to go up north later in the year to visit family, told my boyfriend last night and he kind of invited himself which annoyed me. Just kind of want to be left alone to have family time but feel mean and don’t know how to tell him ? Told him I was going to take my son for a long weekend and he suggested asking my mum if she could have him for a couple of days so we could go together. Irritating. How do I tell him ?

just tell him straight that this is a family visit and your family want to see your son. Tell him they are very funny with people they do not know coming to the house, especially someone sharing a bed with you in there house. So basically, tell him to go bout his business, get, jog on or do one lol.
Reply 2
I would give it to him straight that you want some family time on your own. This said getting to know family and fitting is a typical part of a relationship maturing and if you want commitment at some point you may need to make time for it
Original post by Roxy810

So, you asked a question and have not responded to the 2 different opinions / viewpoints on the situation? Couldn't have been that important then, aye :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending