The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University 2024 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i just got an offer from cardiff for psychology with a placement year!! (only took 24 hours :biggrin:)
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by maths2024.
Hi - looking for Cardiff uni accommodation. Have a disability so would prefer en-suite, near maths building (by students Uni) and catered if possible. Due to disability would prefer accommodation that is manned 24/7.

There are limited Cardiff accommodation options in this area. The closest is Student Houses (village) but they are not manned (but 24/7 security are just a phone call away), not catered and shared bathroom. Senghennydd Hall (a 10-minute walk away) has part-catered and en-suite options. This looks to be the best option for me.

All the best

Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Original post by mai0may
i just got an offer from cardiff for psychology with a placement year!! (only took 24 hours :biggrin:)

Congratulations! This is amazing! Please ask if you have any questions!

All the best

Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Original post by emilyjordan
hey, I am, but not too sure about Cardiff as a city, because i didn't get the chance to attend the open day. Could anyone tell me how it is?

Hi there, I’m not a student at Cardiff, however I live 20 min away and have been too two open days. I’m applying for Cardiff this year. Cardiff is a really nice city with plenty of shops and a good night life. The area where you’ll be staying (Cathays) is student oriented, with everything you need nearby. Accommodation is great with plenty of sports facilities such as the 3G football pitch and sports hall which has a variety of clubs held there. These are located at the Talybont residences. The students union is a 25 min walk from Talybont which would take you along the taff trail. What subject will you be studying? I may be able to give you more information about walking times to lectures etc. Hope that helps.
Reply 24
Original post by CardiffUni Rep
Hi everyone!

Welcome to the Cardiff University 2024 Applicant Thread! :h:

For tips on preparing for university check out TSR's thread on Freshers on TSR: Getting Ready for University - Let's Share Top Tips!

Find information on the undergraduate courses available at Cardiff University here

You can use this space to ask any questions that you may have about the application process, courses or the university itself and we'll do our best to answer!

We are looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi, I plan to apply in artificial intelligence course, and the entry requirement said you need to have 2:1 degree what does it mean? because in my home country we use GPA
Original post by s.slh021
Hi, I plan to apply in artificial intelligence course, and the entry requirement said you need to have 2:1 degree what does it mean? because in my home country we use GPA

That’s a postgraduate degree (masters). Look for a course that has BSC on the end which stands for bachelors.
Original post by Felix Standen
Does anyone know much about the music (more specifically drumming) facilities (planning on taking Music BMus)? Also wondering if I would be able to bring my electronic drum kit to the halls of residence and if so which accommodation location would be best for it :smile:

Not sure about the answers to your questions, but I'm applying to Cardiff for BA Music and would also be interested in knowing which halls could best cope with a brass instrument. Best of luck.

Hi there,
For what specific course are you applying? 2:1 is an undergraduate degree grade.
Best,
Jaz - Cardiff Uni Rep
Reply 28
Original post by Anonymous
That’s a postgraduate degree (masters). Look for a course that has BSC on the end which stands for bachelors.

btw I have my bachelor's degree and then I decided to apply for a master's degree but I don't understand about 2:1 degree because in my country we use GPA. Maybe someone here understands the conversion of 2:1 degrees to GPA
Reply 29
Original post by CardiffUni Rep
Hi there,
For what specific course are you applying? 2:1 is an undergraduate degree grade.
Best,
Jaz - Cardiff Uni Rep

I am applying for a postgraduate program. Can you tell me the GPA equivalent for a 2:1 at Cardiff University?
I am applying for a postgraduate program. Can you tell me the GPA equivalent for a 2:1 at Cardiff University?

I'm not sure for certain, however, I'd recommend contacting the university on their enquiry page here.

Best,
Jaz - Cardiff uni rep
Original post by mai0may

Hey there! Just wanted to say congratulations! It's a fantastic course.

Just to add on, I'm currently a psychology student on placement year, so if you had any questions specific to the course or placement year I'd be happy to answer them! :smile:

~ Fatiha, Cardiff Uni Student Rep
If anyone has been accepted for the MSc for Software Engineering with/without a placement year hit me up.
Original post by mai0may
anyone applying for biomed here?? i'm applying to biomed and biology at cardiff so would be great to know other people :smile:

yesss hii, hows it going
Original post by mai0may
It's a diverse, student-led city with loads of shops and cafes. It's also very green and spacious. What other unis are you applying to? I've applied to Cardiff, Reading, Sheffield and Warwick.

ive also applied for reading sheff and cardiff, hows it going?
Hello! I was hoping to study Physio at Cardiff in 2024! I’m predicted a B in biology and a B in Psychology, I’m also doing a Btec which I’m predicted a D*. I was really nervous about submitting my application because I called up and I needed a minimum of ADB I was wondering if i would still be offered an interview one grade bellow the required? Thank you!
Reply 36
Hiya! Does anyone know when Cardiff’s offer holder day may be, more specifically for their School of Law if they have separate days for different subject areas? I’ve checked the website and can’t see anything - I know I’m asking early, I’ve just seen a few other unis release their dates so I’m curious
Just got an offer for Business Management and Marketing with placement. Offer AAB!
Reply 38
Original post by cheesebeans21
Just got an offer for Business Management and Marketing with placement. Offer AAB!

Well done! So the admissions office working this week? When did you get the offer email? This evening?
Original post by Squidzz
Well done! So the admissions office working this week? When did you get the offer email? This evening?

Thanks! It came through at 19:07 yesterday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending