The Student Room Group

Should I switch my Business AS level for English Language or History?

The school year's just starting so I can definetely catch up on missing works. My main issue is that my choices could seem a bit unbalanced. For reference, I am also taking Classic Civilisations, Media Studies, and Sociology. I've always wanted to take a Hummanities degree--this includes Art History, Creative Writing, and Film--but took Business for my IGCSE as a "just in case" because I was told that Business is a good back up plan in case I change my mind.

Should I switch or keep it?
Reply 1
What year are you about to start? I’m a bit confused as you are talking about GCSE’s and AS levels.
Reply 2
Original post by CAG575
What year are you about to start? I’m a bit confused as you are talking about GCSE’s and AS levels.

Ah, apologies for the confusion. I’m in year 12! I mentioned taking my IGCSEs in business as a “just in case” elective because it’s the same reason I am being told to take it again for my AS levels. Is it worth it to have a back up subject? Or would it be better to go full humanities?
Reply 3
I would advise to stick to just three A levels. I can’t see how taking an iGCSE in business alongside A levels would help but maybe I’m missing something.

Quick Reply

Latest