The Student Room Group

Art gcse artist.

Hi, so I have 2 artists with similar styles that I really love and I wanted to know if I'm I able to combine 2 artists in one page based on their similar styles and I want to create my own piece based on both Artists work, combining both features of their works together.
, I see no point creating 2 different pages of Artists with similar styles? I haven't had a Art teacher for months now. So I have trouble asking for help for my work.
Reply 1
Hi, Honestly I wouldn't overthink it.
My own sketchbook was all over the place and my teachers gave me a 9.
You get the most marks for loads and loads of experimentation and extra detail, in this case they car about quality over quality. I would recommend making a double page spread, one page for each artist, with a bit of research for each, then make notes on what features you want to incorporate into your own piece of art. Before you create it, make an experimentation page on trying their styles combined together/copying some of their art - this will get you marks. But other than that you should be fine, even if they're similar its still worth adding extra research.
Reply 2
Original post by Immi Clare
Hi, Honestly I wouldn't overthink it.
My own sketchbook was all over the place and my teachers gave me a 9.
You get the most marks for loads and loads of experimentation and extra detail, in this case they car about quality over quality. I would recommend making a double page spread, one page for each artist, with a bit of research for each, then make notes on what features you want to incorporate into your own piece of art. Before you create it, make an experimentation page on trying their styles combined together/copying some of their art - this will get you marks. But other than that you should be fine, even if they're similar its still worth adding extra research.

Thanks for the advise, I get the double spread page for both Artists, for the experimentation page, just be specific do I create a few sketches with different media both of their styles together? Would that show development for the main piece?
Also since my main piece is based on 2 artist would the title be just response?
Reply 3
This is what I would do:

First Page
* Artist research para for artist 1
* Imitate or copy a piece of artist 1's work
* Make comments on the specific features you admire from artist 1's work and what your going to cooperate into your own art - how they inspired you

(Repeat the above for artist 2)

Experimentation page - of practicing merging their two styles together and mind mapping your final piece (add loads of annotations, describing your process) I would title this as your initial response.

Finish with: your final piece

- Hope this helps x
Original post by Babarra66
Thanks for the advise, I get the double spread page for both Artists, for the experimentation page, just be specific do I create a few sketches with different media both of their styles together? Would that show development for the main piece?
Also since my main piece is based on 2 artist would the title be just response?

Quick Reply

Latest