The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Psychology Paper 3 (7182/3) - 3rd June 2024 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam :smile: Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else. Wishing you all the best of luck.

Date of exam: Monday 3rd June 2024
Time: PM, 2hrs
Topics in Paper: Issues and Debates PLUS...
Option 1: Relationships OR Gender OR Cognition & Development
Option 2: Schizophrenia OR Eating behaviour OR Stress
Option 3: Aggression OR Forensic Psychology OR Addiction

How are we all feeling about this paper? What is your favourite topic? :biggrin:
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emm4nuella
X

I've moved your threads to the Psychology Forum.

Good luck with A-Level Psychology. :yep:
(edited 6 months ago)
thanks can you move my other two forums to the psychology one as well?

I think I've already moved them. Let me know if there are threads that haven't been moved yet. :smile:
Original post by 5hyl33n
I've moved your threads to the Psychology Forum.
Good luck with A-Level Psychology. :yep:

@Pwca
Reply 4
I do relationships, schizophrenia & forensic psychology !
Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam :smile: Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else. Wishing you all the best of luck.
Date of exam: Monday 3rd June 2024
Time: PM, 2hrs
Topics in Paper: Issues and Debates PLUS...
Option 1: Relationships OR Gender OR Cognition & Development
Option 2: Schizophrenia OR Eating behaviour OR Stress
Option 3: Aggression OR Forensic Psychology OR Addiction
How are we all feeling about this paper? What is your favourite topic? :biggrin:

Thanks for making this thread!
I do cognition and development, schizophrenia and aggression- my favourite one is aggression :smile:
Does anyone have any good revision resources for notes (aside from Simply psychology and PMT) for the 'stress' option?
Original post by beaming-dioxide
Does anyone have any good revision resources for notes (aside from Simply psychology and PMT) for the 'stress' option?
Sorry I don’t do stress but I have notes for the topics I do, if you need them?
Although this website looks really good: https://learndojo.org/a-level/aqa-psychology/stress/
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
Sorry I don’t do stress but I have notes for the topics I do, if you need them?
Although this website looks really good: https://learndojo.org/a-level/aqa-psychology/stress/

Thanks for the website link! I think I'm alright for my other topics notes-wise, but I appreciate it.
hi i'm doing forensics, schizophrenia and relationships but i rlly dislike relationships so i'm independantly studying gender as i find it more interesting and easier :smile:
Original post by ghaloasjmnasj
hi i'm doing forensics, schizophrenia and relationships but i rlly dislike relationships so i'm independantly studying gender as i find it more interesting and easier :smile:

Wow I didn’t knew we could do that! Hope its going well:smile:
guys has anyone finished all the content yet were stiill doing content for p3
i love relationships its quite straightforward however i find stress quite difficult its just a lot of questionbaires and stuff
Original post by Anvi2706
i love relationships its quite straightforward however i find stress quite difficult its just a lot of questionbaires and stuff

i also love relationships!! and yes, i have finished all the paper 3 content

Nope, We haven’t even started cognition and development! Apparently its a small topic but its our last one

in year 13 we have had about 10 teachers (includes temp teachers and tutors) throughout the two years! we still have a fair bit tocover for forensics and still have issues and debates to cover. people in my class struggle with the last bits of social influence andpsychopathology (only 1 6 hour hour crash course on each of these.). for gender the teacher rushed through everything and westill have the last two spec points to cover which we need to do ourselves
Reply 16
Original post by mysticalstar
in year 13 we have had about 10 teachers (includes temp teachers and tutors) throughout the two years! we still have a fair bit tocover for forensics and still have issues and debates to cover. people in my class struggle with the last bits of social influence andpsychopathology (only 1 6 hour hour crash course on each of these.). for gender the teacher rushed through everything and westill have the last two spec points to cover which we need to do ourselves

similar experience with the teacher thing I’ve had about 5 over the 2 years… luckily I think we’ve finished content if not only a few bits on forensics left
Reply 17
Original post by ghaloasjmnasj

I do the same as you and also hate relationships, lol. How do you find learning gender independently? What resources do you use? I'm very tempted to do the same as you, relationships makes me want to do my head in.
Original post by alecks
I do the same as you and also hate relationships, lol. How do you find learning gender independently? What resources do you use? I'm very tempted to do the same as you, relationships makes me want to do my head in.

honestly i’d recommend doing gender it’s sooo much easier. literally one of the topics is distinguishing sex from gender and the other one is about chromosomes, there’s even social learning theory in there and the psychodynamic approach so 99% of the stuff is something i already knew about. i’m just using the textbook rlly and worksheets i found online
Hey fellow Psychology Students!

Recently, I've been looking at ways to expand on the success of the weekly Study Together sessions we’re running every Tuesday evenings (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7443741) and one idea we’ve had is to run similar sessions for students studying Psychology :biggrin:.

The idea would be to have weekly sessions lasting an hour where you can come online and revise Psychology with other students. It feels like it could be a great way to build confidence with the content, as well as being a fun and sociable way to get some studying done.

Please let me know if this is something you would be interested in! If so, please comment on this post!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending