The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Psychology Paper 1 (7182/1) - 17th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam :smile: Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else. Wishing you all the best of luck.

Date of exam: Friday 17th May 2024
Time: AM, 2hrs
Topics in Paper: Social Influence, Memory, Attachment, Psychopathology

How are we all feeling about this paper? What is your favourite topic? :biggrin:

Good luck! Click here to find exam discussions for other A Level subjects!
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i love social influence, iffy about attachment
Reply 2
Original post by emm4nuella
hello - i think i sent you a private message - have you seen it? :smile:

hi, yes, I've seen it but for some reason I can't pm yet?
I filled out the link thing
Reply 3
From what I’ve seen, this is the second exam I have (after Geography Paper 1). I hate attachment and memory though so it’s going to be a pain :frown:
when are you guys going to start revising?
when are you guys going to start revising?

Well I have to do a paper 1 for my November mocks so, tomorrow :rofl:
Original post by thrivingfrog

Well I have to do a paper 1 for my November mocks so, tomorrow :rofl:

good luck with revision :smile:
Reply 7
I love memory, don't mind parts of attachment and psychopathology, and HATE social influence (it's all so similar and boring) so kind of dreading paper 1. My favourite is paper 2!!! I don't think we'll finish the content for paper 3 so I need paper 1 to go well, so any tips on Bowlby's monotropic theory or maternal deprivation/social influence (specifically the Authoritarian personality) is appreciated 😋
Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam :smile: Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else. Wishing you all the best of luck.
Date of exam: Friday 17th May 2024
Time: AM, 2hrs
Topics in Paper: Social Influence, Memory, Attachment, Psychopathology
How are we all feeling about this paper? What is your favourite topic? :biggrin:
Good luck! Click here to find exam discussions for other A Level subjects!

@Pwca
Reply 9
Has anyone found any predicated exam questions yet for AQA 2024 Psychology?
Reply 10
Original post by Googley2
Has anyone found any predicated exam questions yet for AQA 2024 Psychology?

primrose kitten has done them
Reply 11
Original post by sadrien
primrose kitten has done them

Do you think they are worth buying? Have her predictions been useful in the past does anyone know
Reply 12
Original post by emrma
Do you think they are worth buying? Have her predictions been useful in the past does anyone know

I think it is worth buying for extra exam practice but it is impossible to be sure if the predictions will be accurate. People have said her predictions have been very 50/50, which you would expect. You can see what topics have come up in past exams yourself here https://www.tutor2u.net/psychology/reference/exam-topic-tracker-for-aqa-a-level-psychology
Reply 13
Original post by sadrien
I think it is worth buying for extra exam practice but it is impossible to be sure if the predictions will be accurate. People have said her predictions have been very 50/50, which you would expect. You can see what topics have come up in past exams yourself here https://www.tutor2u.net/psychology/reference/exam-topic-tracker-for-aqa-a-level-psychology

Thank you!! I bought Psychology by Rhi’s predicted papers so I’ll leave PMK ones for now!
Reply 14
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to answer this 16-marker?

“Outline and evaluate variables affecting conformity.” (Social influence)

I’m wondering what consists of AO3 for this question?
Would I talk about Aschs study for my AO3 or would I have to talk about other research that supports his study?

My structure would probably be:

AO1 - Group size
AO3

AO1 - Unanimity
AO3

AO1 - Task difficulty
AO3

Just not sure on evaluation, any indication would be helpful!
Original post by emrma
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to answer this 16-marker?
“Outline and evaluate variables affecting conformity.” (Social influence)
I’m wondering what consists of AO3 for this question?
Would I talk about Aschs study for my AO3 or would I have to talk about other research that supports his study?
My structure would probably be:
AO1 - Group size
AO3
AO1 - Unanimity
AO3
AO1 - Task difficulty
AO3
Just not sure on evaluation, any indication would be helpful!

I am answering this question as well

I was planning to include stuff related to culture/gender bias for evaluation, its not a realistic study if the exact question isn't in relation to Asch I was going to bring in zimbardo
Reply 16
Original post by mysticalstar
I am answering this question as well
I was planning to include stuff related to culture/gender bias for evaluation, its not a realistic study if the exact question isn't in relation to Asch I was going to bring in zimbardo

Yeahh this helps! If in doubt issues & debates 🤞
Original post by emrma
Yeahh this helps! If in doubt issues & debates 🤞

are you using the predicted questions for 2024
Reply 18
Original post by mysticalstar
are you using the predicted questions for 2024

yess I think I got them from psychology by rhi hbu?
Original post by emrma
yess I think I got them from psychology by rhi hbu?

yes I am using those exact ones as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending