The Student Room Group

Can I do a vacation scheme at one firm but apply to a TC at a different firm?

If yes, would there be any issues to it? As it’s a bit early to decide your long term firm you’re going to work at.
Reply 1
Original post by student17!
If yes, would there be any issues to it? As it’s a bit early to decide your long term firm you’re going to work at.

No, you can do a vacation scheme at one firm and apply to a TC at a different firm. VacSheme are good legal experience to showcase your interest but you are not bound to it. Some people do multiple VacSchemes and end up in a totally different firm for TC.
Reply 2
Original post by onxure
No, you can do a vacation scheme at one firm and apply to a TC at a different firm. VacSheme are good legal experience to showcase your interest but you are not bound to it. Some people do multiple VacSchemes and end up in a totally different firm for TC.

Thank you very much! I was worried that I had to decide in y2 the firm i’m going to work in the long run. If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the route to becoming a solicitor, in terms of when you song to training contacts and the SQE? Like what year of study/month?
Original post by student17!
Thank you very much! I was worried that I had to decide in y2 the firm i’m going to work in the long run. If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the route to becoming a solicitor, in terms of when you song to training contacts and the SQE? Like what year of study/month?

Simple google search answers this question:

https://www.sra.org.uk/become-solicitor/admission/pathways-qualification/solicitors-qualifying-examination/

https://www.law.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/sqe/
Reply 4
Original post by onxure
Assuming you are in y2, I think you are on the right track, I am not sure I understand your question, someone has already answered (I hope it answers your question). But, more generally with regard to your career, I found that using one platform with all the resources I need is the way to go, My favourite has been The Commercial Law Academy, they have everything you would with regard to your journey into the legal industry. They offer free content as a sample for you to assess whether it would suit you. Feel free to check them out, if you are interested, I know the owner so if you want I can check for discounts on their subscription (just message me).

Thank you so much!! Yeah I’d rather stick to one website rather than different ones
I’ve seen a few of these recommendations to buy courses. I’d strongly caution you to consider your options before signing up with up to these courses. There is plenty of free content out there already. I’m not fond of locking access to a legal career behind paywalls, particularly when the barrier to entry is so high and the industry is already full individuals who come from privilege.

EDIT: Deleted response as moderators have removed the post.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending