The Student Room Group

Is it worth applying to Cambridge?

I received A* A* A and I’m currently on a gap year. I’m thinking of applying to Cambridge for English, but the process seems so daunting. I don’t know if I stand a chance and the idea of an interview seems so daunting. I also don’t know what essays to submit. Does anyone have any advice or anything to add?
You may as well apply, Cambridge is a great place to study
Reply 2
Original post by Mischa_mc
I received A* A* A and I’m currently on a gap year. I’m thinking of applying to Cambridge for English, but the process seems so daunting. I don’t know if I stand a chance and the idea of an interview seems so daunting. I also don’t know what essays to submit. Does anyone have any advice or anything to add?

Post this on the main 2024Cambridge thread all the experts are on there.
Original post by Mischa_mc

Getting A*A*A in A levels is very impressive. You might end up getting rejected from Cambridge, but you definitely stand a chance. I think the admissions process at Oxbridge is definitely less scary than it might seem at first. The interviews aren't designed to catch you out, there's no trick questions, and the tutors are there to support you throughout. They're like a mini tutorial, almost, where the tutor's role is to help you learn, rather than to punish you for being unprepared. Oxbridge interviews are not testing how well you perform under interrogation, they're assessing your thought process, your critical thinking skills, your communication skills, and your passion for the subject, among others. It would not be an accurate reflection of your abilities and character if they were hostile towards you and tried to sabotage you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending