The Student Room Group

Will my college let me do A levels?

closed
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
They should do, but bear in mind what you need ranges per Sixth Form/College. General requirements are about 5/6 in Maths and English Language (which you have), and often a 6 or 7 in the subject you want to take: so you have a 7 in History and an 8 in Sociology (congrats for that by the way!), so you should definitely be good for that. As Politics GCSEs aren't often offered (I don't even know if they exist?) to do that at A-level you generally just need some good grades in Essay based subjects, which you have. Note too that some colleges require several subjects at grades 5-9, so it is very dependent on them - however they might be lenient anyway due to your good grades in the subjects you're taking.

In short, you should be ok, but it's worth checking out your college's website :biggrin:. Best of luck!
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by {Moss}
They should do, but bear in mind what you need ranges per Sixth Form/College. General requirements are about 5/6 in Maths and English Language (which you have), and often a 6 or 7 in the subject you want to take: so you have a 7 in History and an 8 in Sociology (congrats for that by the way!), so you should definitely be good for that. As Politics GCSEs aren't often offered (I don't even know if they exist?) to do that at A-level you generally just need some good grades in Essay based subjects, which you have. Note too that some colleges require several subjects at grades 5-9, so it is very dependent on them - however they might be lenient anyway due to your good grades in the subjects you're taking.

In short, you should be ok, but it's worth checking out your college's website :biggrin:. Best of luck!

they said I needed 40 points from my top 8 I calculate it as 42
Reply 3
Original post by Jasmine2007
they said I needed 40 points from my top 8 I calculate it as 42

Fair enough then, seems like you're sorted?

Quick Reply

Latest