The Student Room Group

Really want to do Further maths

Hi, so I’m in 2nd year and I know it’s so late but I want to do further maths to better my uni chances but idk how to do it, I don’t think my college will let me and I was checking fees to do it privately (they’re way too expensive) and
Reply 1
Original post by Yuvdagoat
Hi, so I’m in 2nd year and I know it’s so late but I want to do further maths to better my uni chances but idk how to do it, I don’t think my college will let me and I was checking fees to do it privately (they’re way too expensive) and

Some colleges will allow you to take Further Maths as an AS level instead of an A-Level in your second year. This is equivalent to half of an A-Level and carries UCAS points. If your college doesn’t offer this then doing maths outside of school such as competitions or starting Mathletes clubs could also greatly boost your application. Doing an EPQ around a maths- based topic could also help as it is also equivalent to half of an A level and carries UCAS points but only if your college allows entry in the second year. I hope this is helpful.😄
Original post by Yuvdagoat

You could do it as a Private Candidate.

Campbell Harris College on High Street Kensington, London, W8 6SH allows you to enter for any examboard, any A-Level subject.

How to register | Campbell Harris

Quick Reply

Latest