The Student Room Group

Realistic advice about applications for Bsc Economics

I am predicted A*A*A*A, in Economics, Accounting, Computer Science and Mathematics. My top 3 universities require A*AA but A* should be in Maths but my predicted is an A. Do you think I still have a chance to be admitted into my top unis with these statistics.
My GCSE are 7 A* 1 A. If it helps I have some microeconomic work experience, for 2 or so years as well as a mentorship from an Econ PhD pursuer.
I plan to apply early October.

I am applying to these 5
LSE, UCL, Warwick, KCL, Uni of Manchester
Reply 1
Original post by TryingHerBest
I am predicted A*A*A*A, in Economics, Accounting, Computer Science and Mathematics. My top 3 universities require A*AA but A* should be in Maths but my predicted is an A. Do you think I still have a chance to be admitted into my top unis with these statistics.
My GCSE are 7 A* 1 A. If it helps I have some microeconomic work experience, for 2 or so years as well as a mentorship from an Econ PhD pursuer.
I plan to apply early October.

I am applying to these 5
LSE, UCL, Warwick, KCL, Uni of Manchester

unless you have a reason for not taking further maths (like it not being offered at your school) you may have a tough time applying to LSE. an A* in mathematics also goes a long way in your application and is a flat out requirement at some unis like LSE, UCL and warwick.
you seem to have some good extracurriculars which can make for a good personal statement, but try and aim for that A* in mathematics if possible. best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending