The Student Room Group

Tax code choice/starter checklist for job application

Hello! I am having trouble working out which statement to pick. I'm applying for a new job. This is my first job since February and I'm currently receiving universal credit (which will reduce/end when I start this new job) and Personal Independence Payment. I'm a bit confused about what option I should pick from these two?:

A) Since 6 April I have had another job but I do not have a P45. And/or since the 6 April I have received payments from any of the following : Jobseeker's Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance, incapacity Benefit.

B)This is now my only job but since 6 April I've had another job, or received taxable Jobseeker's Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance or taxable incapacity Benefit, I do not receive a State or Occupational Pension.

Which statement should I pick?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by PinkLadyApples
Hello! I am having trouble working out which statement to pick. I'm applying for a new job. This is my first job since February and I'm currently receiving universal credit (which will reduce/end when I start this new job) and Personal Independence Payment. I'm a bit confused about what option I should pick from these two?:

A) Since 6 April I have had another job but I do not have a P45. And/or since the 6 April I have received payments from any of the following : Jobseeker's Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance, incapacity Benefit.

B)This is now my only job but since 6 April I've had another job, or received taxable Jobseeker's Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance or taxable incapacity Benefit, I do not receive a State or Occupational Pension.

Which statement should I pick?

I don't think you can pick either of them. If neither is applicable, then tell that to the employer.

There's a version of the starter checklist linked from https://www.gov.uk/guidance/starter-checklist-for-paye (which points to https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1106535/Starter_checklist.pdf), and that has three options. On that, you'd presumably pick the statement that says "This is my first job since 6 April and since the 6 April I have not received payments from any of the following: Jobseeker’s Allowance; Employment and Support Allowance; Incapacity Benefit".

I'm a bit surprised you're being asked to fill in a starter checklist when you're at the point of applying for a job, rather than after you've been offered the job and accepted.
thanks for your help, I've emailed the company (hap solutions.) They offer flexible work for different events so I'm guessing that's why they ask this question in the application process?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending