The Student Room Group

Migrant worker student loan

Hi for the migrant worker do I have to work full time during summer break or just the minimum 11 hours? I just work 11 hours at the moment to keep my migrant status! But I’m not sure if I compulsory have to work full time during summer break?
Original post by Sweeda Fernandes
Hi for the migrant worker do I have to work full time during summer break or just the minimum 11 hours? I just work 11 hours at the moment to keep my migrant status! But I’m not sure if I compulsory have to work full time during summer break?

Hi Sweeda Fernandes,

You just need to be working throughout your studies and on the 1st day of the Academic Year to be eligible for Migrant Worker funding.

Thanks,
Calum
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Sweeda Fernandes,

You just need to be working throughout your studies and on the 1st day of the Academic Year to be eligible for Migrant Worker funding.

Thanks,
Calum

I’m only concerned about working full time or part time during summer break? I prefer to work part time during the summer break Is that going going to be an issue?
Hi Sweeda Fernandes,

That's fine as long as your are working at an acceptable level at the start of the Academic Year and during your studies.

Thanks,
Calum
What is an acceptable level ? Does it have to be specific hours ? I’m confused
Hi Sweeda Fernandes,

You need to be working at a level where you can financially support yourself, it is not a set number of hours.

Thanks,
Calum
Original post by Sweeda Fernandes
I’m only concerned about working full time or part time during summer break? I prefer to work part time during the summer break Is that going going to be an issue?

Hi there,

Normally, working part-time over the summer is fine, though it may be worth making the Migrant Worker team aware of any changes.

For example, if you go part-time will you get a new contract to show this?

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending