The Student Room Group

Work

I work a part time job on the weekend and do unpaid work during the week for my career. I need to work the weekend so I have an income. How we working seven days a week is taking a toll on me. My work place will not give me one day a week because apparenlty they have minimum hours they need to give. But they seem to change what they can and can’t do every so often. If I get a doctors note saying I need reduced hours do you think that will help.
Unfortunately most companies have a minimum number of hours which they will employ people for. This can sometimes go down depending on if you on a flexible contract or zero hours but often they need a certain number of hours. Even with a doctors note it is likely that in the long term they will want their minimum hours.

Personally I would suggest either reducing your unpaid work hours in the week to give yourself some time and energy for the work you have to do or see if you can get some holiday pay or something for a week or so if you feel that the situation would improve with a bit of rest and time out.

Good luck and I hope this helped :smile:
Original post by cyberstudent99
Unfortunately most companies have a minimum number of hours which they will employ people for. This can sometimes go down depending on if you on a flexible contract or zero hours but often they need a certain number of hours. Even with a doctors note it is likely that in the long term they will want their minimum hours.

Personally I would suggest either reducing your unpaid work hours in the week to give yourself some time and energy for the work you have to do or see if you can get some holiday pay or something for a week or so if you feel that the situation would improve with a bit of rest and time out.

Good luck and I hope this helped :smile:

Exactly. I was going to say the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending