The Student Room Group

Feel like my girlfriend is no longer interested in our relationship

I've been going out with my GF for over 2 years. It's been a good 2 years. There were ups and downs but 90% of the time it was great.

We've kept our relationship a secret from our families due to reasons. We used to work at the same llace together so we used to see each other at work amd once or twice a week outside of work. I left that job in 2022 and since then we've been seeing each other approximately once a week.

Things have changed the last several months. Due to extended family staying over at mine and loads of events, me and my GF couldn't meet up during August and September. I also have a health condition which has taken a massive toll on me amd the amount of time I have in my day. But from October all the way until now, we've only seen each other 4 times. Regardless of my health, if I knew we were going to meet, I would make sure it happens.

I've also noticed that she takes much longer to respond now. She would respond to me before within 30-60 mins. Now it's easily 2-3 hours.

We used to have calls every evening before bed and now we barely do thay anymore. We haven't even been on a date for the entirety of 2023. 90% of the time we've met since I left that job has been at her house when she's home alone. I mentioned this to her and she keeps saying she's putting my health first to fit our meetups around the times I'm available. I have told her I want to go on more dates and go out and about but we still haven't.

When I come to think of it, the fact we only ever met up when she was home alone, I feel she barely put any effort in. Even now with the delayed messages and lack of calls......

She used to be so eager to find out when we were next gonna meet up. This week she has the entire week off and we said we were gonna discuss our plans in more detail for meet up for tomorrow and Thursday but she still hasn't messaged or called or even brought it up.

I feel like she doesn't care anymore. At times my brain is going into overdrive and wondering if she's cheating on me. We both have stated we can't stand cheaters but what if she was lying to me?

I mentioned the lack of calls and delayed messages and she told me she's been more relaxed about the messages amd that the calls will return but clearly they haven't.

Am I over thinking here or are things still okay and my health is just making things difficult for us?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
I've been going out with my GF for over 2 years. It's been a good 2 years. There were ups and downs but 90% of the time it was great.

We've kept our relationship a secret from our families due to reasons. We used to work at the same llace together so we used to see each other at work amd once or twice a week outside of work. I left that job in 2022 and since then we've been seeing each other approximately once a week.

Things have changed the last several months. Due to extended family staying over at mine and loads of events, me and my GF couldn't meet up during August and September. I also have a health condition which has taken a massive toll on me amd the amount of time I have in my day. But from October all the way until now, we've only seen each other 4 times. Regardless of my health, if I knew we were going to meet, I would make sure it happens.

I've also noticed that she takes much longer to respond now. She would respond to me before within 30-60 mins. Now it's easily 2-3 hours.

We used to have calls every evening before bed and now we barely do thay anymore. We haven't even been on a date for the entirety of 2023. 90% of the time we've met since I left that job has been at her house when she's home alone. I mentioned this to her and she keeps saying she's putting my health first to fit our meetups around the times I'm available. I have told her I want to go on more dates and go out and about but we still haven't.

When I come to think of it, the fact we only ever met up when she was home alone, I feel she barely put any effort in. Even now with the delayed messages and lack of calls......

She used to be so eager to find out when we were next gonna meet up. This week she has the entire week off and we said we were gonna discuss our plans in more detail for meet up for tomorrow and Thursday but she still hasn't messaged or called or even brought it up.

I feel like she doesn't care anymore. At times my brain is going into overdrive and wondering if she's cheating on me. We both have stated we can't stand cheaters but what if she was lying to me?

I mentioned the lack of calls and delayed messages and she told me she's been more relaxed about the messages amd that the calls will return but clearly they haven't.

Am I over thinking here or are things still okay and my health is just making things difficult for us?

I forgot to add that the last few times we've tried getting intimate, she always has said she's been on her period. Not sure if she was genuinely telling the truth or not. She might be since it had been a couple of weeks since out meet ups....but then again, what are the chances she's on her period 3 times in a row when we've met up
I forgot to add that the last few times we've tried getting intimate, she always has said she's been on her period. Not sure if she was genuinely telling the truth or not. She might be since it had been a couple of weeks since out meet ups....but then again, what are the chances she's on her period 3 times in a row when we've met up

Hi there
Op, I believe you should tell her how you feel about the whole situation. Tell her that you feel like she is not putting in the same efforts as before. Tell her you feel like she does not like anymore.

Ask her if there is something wrong. Ask her to tell the truth and say it if she does not like anymore.
Reply 3
Original post by Ackhnologia
Hi there
Op, I believe you should tell her how you feel about the whole situation. Tell her that you feel like she is not putting in the same efforts as before. Tell her you feel like she does not like anymore.

Ask her if there is something wrong. Ask her to tell the truth and say it if she does not like anymore.

Thanks for the advice.

We had a call last night. We discussed all the problems. We realised that these problems haven't been fixed for a while and it's unlikely to be fixed so unfortunately we ended up breaking up
Thanks for the advice.

We had a call last night. We discussed all the problems. We realised that these problems haven't been fixed for a while and it's unlikely to be fixed so unfortunately we ended up breaking up

Sorry about the break up
Hope you will be able to move on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending