The Student Room Group

Dropping out of college at 18

I've already done my A-levels in sixth form and I've started going college for resits. However, I've had a change of mind and I want to drop out. What are the steps to this and how difficult will it be?
Original post by tmof000
I've already done my A-levels in sixth form and I've started going college for resits. However, I've had a change of mind and I want to drop out. What are the steps to this and how difficult will it be?

Hi @tmof000

I would suggest talking to a form tutor/head of year/a lesson tutor - basically a member of staff at your college that you feel comfortable talking to, to discuss your thoughts about leaving college. They may be able to offer some advice that may make you rethink your decision, or should be able to offer some help if you would still like to leave. They also might be able to help you find out if there's anything else you might like to do instead.

My college had a careers office, where the careers team could help students with work or other educational routes besides college, uni, etc. - although I know colleges differ and you might not have this.

Hope this helps.
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending