The Student Room Group

Maths personal statement help

Im going to apply for maths at cambridge, one question I have is when discussing a small project of mine to do with RSA encryption is it necessary to go ahead and explain in short the actual process I took in writing RSA ( in code )? My only thought of doing this would be to show them that I understand the mathematics behind it and that I'm interested in it, however they certainly would know the details of RSA and it might just be a bit redundant? What is your advice? (If you dont know what RSA is its not important to this question really)
The topic of your PS is YOU not the subject...and you're writing to an informed audience.
Don't get into technicalities - they can ask you about those in an interview. Do talk about more general details about how you approached the problem and the specifics of any difficulties you faced and how you worked around those. Again you're explaining this to an informed audience you don't have to explain (what to them are) basic principles to them to prove that you understand those principles.
Reply 2
I did a similar thing for computer science at cambridge, but I’m assuming computer scientists already know what RSA is haha; I didn’t go into technical detail but focused on how I enjoyed the challenge and what I gained from it.
Reply 3
Original post by emkelt
I did a similar thing for computer science at cambridge, but I’m assuming computer scientists already know what RSA is haha; I didn’t go into technical detail but focused on how I enjoyed the challenge and what I gained from it.

Hm I see thank you brother.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
The topic of your PS is YOU not the subject...and you're writing to an informed audience.
Don't get into technicalities - they can ask you about those in an interview. Do talk about more general details about how you approached the problem and the specifics of any difficulties you faced and how you worked around those. Again you're explaining this to an informed audience you don't have to explain (what to them are) basic principles to them to prove that you understand those principles.

I see thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending