The Student Room Group

Do you use an adblocker?

Poll

Do you use an adblocker?

Simple question but do you use an adblocker when browsing the internet?

I personally use one including for TSR, much better to not have to deal with ads on websites and YouTube videos. I feel like most people use one these days but just wondering.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, I do.
Original post by .Vvoid.
Yes, I do.

Good choice
Yes.
Without a fail :biggrin:
Wondering if more people now use an Adblocker as a result of the update.
Added a poll
Reply 7
Absolutely, better to not deal with ads and whatnot
Original post by Talkative Toad
Wondering if more people now use an Adblocker as a result of the update.

Yes
Original post by Musical Cats
Yes

Fair choice, I do the same.
Reply 10
Yes.
Bumping this
I did, but it no longer works on Youtube unfortunately.
Original post by ICEcold_Stoic
I did, but it no longer works on Youtube unfortunately.

I believe there are adblockers being developed (and likely that are already available) that will work for YouTube. The battle against YouTube is on ... That said, while I use an adblocker (MalwareBytes Browser Guard) I disable it on YouTube as it causes some strange behaviour, including the 'skip ad' popup being blocked. Quite ironic if you ask me!

I'm probably not going to get a different adblocker for YouTube as I would rather wait for MalwareBytes to be fixed and not have to deal with setting up a new one. Lazy, I know.
Original post by Doomotron
I believe there are adblockers being developed (and likely that are already available) that will work for YouTube. The battle against YouTube is on ... That said, while I use an adblocker (MalwareBytes Browser Guard) I disable it on YouTube as it causes some strange behaviour, including the 'skip ad' popup being blocked. Quite ironic if you ask me!

I'm probably not going to get a different adblocker for YouTube as I would rather wait for MalwareBytes to be fixed and not have to deal with setting up a new one. Lazy, I know.

I'll have to delve into some alternatives when I get the chance then.
I'll have to delve into some alternatives when I get the chance then.

There’s browsers like Opera and Brave that have a built-in Adblocker that blocks YouTube ads
There’s browsers like Opera and Brave that have a built-in Adblocker that blocks YouTube ads

I use Brave but that doesn't work either.
I use Brave but that doesn't work either.

Probably since the update then, that’s why I’ve refused to update the app on my phone when I saw that Adblock wasn’t working properly on my iPad.
Probably since the update then, that’s why I’ve refused to update the app on my phone when I saw that Adblock wasn’t working properly on my iPad.

Ah well, I'll just have to look for some other alternative...
Ah well, I'll just have to look for some other alternative...

Yeah I think that opera blocks YouTube ads but i can’t remember

Quick Reply

Latest