The Student Room Group

Relationship Therapy/Counselling

Is relationship therapy worth it. Me and my partner are currently on the “healing” stage looking to fix things between us for our relationship to get back to how it was before I’m struggling to the terms of the fact that I won’t be seeing her as much as she said I need to understand the concepts of being alone sometimes. This is due to the fact that even though it is a short distance relationship we’d meet at least 2 maybe 3 times a week, I thought it was best so that we could both see each other, express any concerns or fears but she said this time it’ll be according to her when we will meet.
Reply 1
It's a last resort if you can't sort it out between you.

Stop making lots of threads on this and use the time to talk to her? What does she mean by being alone if you are going to live together? You never answered that.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
It's a last resort if you can't sort it out between you.

Stop making lots of threads on this and use the time to talk to her? What does she mean by being alone if you are going to live together? You never answered that.

Well Surnia we used to practically meet about 2-3 days a week and we were clingy and obsessed to each other although, she said I need to accept the fact whilst we will be healing I won’t be seeing her as much and get to grips I’ll be alone for example when living under the same roof we have a argument we won’t not make up or resolve it and then not sleep or eat together.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Well Surnia we used to practically meet about 2-3 days a week and we were clingy and obsessed to each other although, she said I need to accept the fact whilst we will be healing I won’t be seeing her as much and get to grips I’ll be alone for example when living under the same roof we have a argument we won’t not make up or resolve it and then not sleep or eat together.

If you can't resolve things now it won't work out when you live together.
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
If you can't resolve things now it won't work out when you live together.

Got it! Therefore the break is in place we are communicating well but won’t see each other until she says and feels ready to do so. How long may it take for her to feel ready..
Reply 5
Got it! Therefore the break is in place we are communicating well but won’t see each other until she says and feels ready to do so. How long may it take for her to feel ready..

How would I know? You aren't on a break, you're letting her call the shots and have no clue how to sort this out; that's not a good situation. Stop wasting time making all these threads and talk to her!
Is relationship therapy worth it. Me and my partner are currently on the “healing” stage looking to fix things between us for our relationship to get back to how it was before I’m struggling to the terms of the fact that I won’t be seeing her as much as she said I need to understand the concepts of being alone sometimes. This is due to the fact that even though it is a short distance relationship we’d meet at least 2 maybe 3 times a week, I thought it was best so that we could both see each other, express any concerns or fears but she said this time it’ll be according to her when we will meet.

If you value the relationship then probably yes lol.

Why chance your relationship by trying to get it sorted out on the cheap (free) on forums such as this?

Let's assume there are no professional (i.e those that do relationship counselling for a living and are decent at it) here. Then you are asking a load of strangers poke in the dark questions about your relationship they have no clue about. You might get lucky and get done decent answers or you might get answers that seem good but ultimately don't really help.

So I look look up a relationship counsellor around you, look up the Google reviews or whatever and give it a go. It could end up best money ever spent. Even if you just go once it twice to cut down on cost it may give you better inroads into discovering what is going on and then closer to fixing it if it is fixable.

My own thoughts on what you have said which could be entirely wrong so don't place too much weight on it is that possible your girl may just be the heavily introverted type. Possibly she might be a bit of a loner or just have friends & family life already and can only handle so much social interaction. I think so e people try to cover up such by all sorts of reasons & excuses, but that I don't see as fair to the other person but instead it should be the honest truth. SoI would just say consider the person you are with and whether they are really all that suited to you and find that out before getting involved in any long term commitments such as having kids, marriage, buying a house together as then the relationship not so easily got out off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending