The Student Room Group

BSc or Masters?

My daughter is currently studying a BSc (Hons) Animal Behaviour, Welfare & Conservation course at Wrexham Uni. She already has the Level 5 HND and is toying with the idea of continuing higher education to a Masters.

Would doing a Masters be any more beneficial in this field compared to having a BSc?

I have virtually zero knowledge in this and any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks
Sam
Original post by Samandbev
My daughter is currently studying a BSc (Hons) Animal Behaviour, Welfare & Conservation course at Wrexham Uni. She already has the Level 5 HND and is toying with the idea of continuing higher education to a Masters.
Would doing a Masters be any more beneficial in this field compared to having a BSc?
I have virtually zero knowledge in this and any help would be massively appreciated.
Thanks
Sam
It probably depends a little on what work she wants to do afterwards. if she wants to do hands-on, direct customer-facing work, then the Masters probably wouldn't be helpful at this stage, compared with practical experience. If she wanted a role that was more theoretical/managerial, the Masters might be right now.

She needs to do some research through LinkedIn and employer webpages and work out the pattern of qualifications people have in entry level roles. It is quite common t do a mid-career Masters nowadays, so there is no use looking at a 10-20 year professional and comparing quals, because they might well have dome a Masters later, where it has more effect because it sits on top of experience. She needs to look at the quals that people with less than 5 years experience have, in the sort of roles she wants.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending