The Student Room Group

Part time ugc funding

Hi,

I've took a several year hiatus in my education, and I'm now looking to, next year study an Undergraduate Certificate with the University of Cambridge Institute for Continuing Education. This is a part time course and is equivalent to half of the first year of undergraduate study (half of a CertHE)

I would like to know;

Is this course eligible for student finance, and if so, how much?

If I decide I want to go down the route of a full undergraduate degree following this year of part time study, what would I then be eligible for at that juncture?

For clarity, the highest level of education I currently have is college and have done no undergraduate study.

Cheers
Original post by lloydj123
Hi,

I've took a several year hiatus in my education, and I'm now looking to, next year study an Undergraduate Certificate with the University of Cambridge Institute for Continuing Education. This is a part time course and is equivalent to half of the first year of undergraduate study (half of a CertHE)

I would like to know;

Is this course eligible for student finance, and if so, how much?

If I decide I want to go down the route of a full undergraduate degree following this year of part time study, what would I then be eligible for at that juncture?

For clarity, the highest level of education I currently have is college and have done no undergraduate study.

Cheers

Hi there, just to confirm do you have any qualifications from previous study? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Hi, yes, 3x level 3 quals from college
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, just to confirm do you have any qualifications from previous study? Thanks, Jason
Hi, yes, 3x level 3 quals from college

Thanks. If you've not gained a qualification past a Level 3 then you'd be eligible for funding for a part time course. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Thanks. If you've not gained a qualification past a Level 3 then you'd be eligible for funding for a part time course. Thanks, Jason

How would this impact funding if I wanted to do full time UG study following this?
How would this impact funding if I wanted to do full time UG study following this?

Hi there,

What's the full time course you're thinking of studying? Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
I haven’t a specific course in mind I just want to know what impact the aforementioned UGC would have on funding if I wanted to afterwards, for example, do a BA/BSc ?
I haven’t a specific course in mind I just want to know what impact the aforementioned UGC would have on funding if I wanted to afterwards, for example, do a BA/BSc ?

Thanks. If you don't have any qualifications (bar the level 3) then you'd be eligible for any course. Thanks, Jason
Reply 8
But at that point I would also have a level 4 1year undergraduate certificate that has been funded by SFE? Are you saying I could then go on to a bachelors degree fully funded?
Thanks. If you don't have any qualifications (bar the level 3) then you'd be eligible for any course. Thanks, Jason
But at that point I would also have a level 4 1year undergraduate certificate that has been funded by SFE? Are you saying I could then go on to a bachelors degree fully funded?

We fund up the way so if you have a level 4 qualification then you'd be funded for a level 5, 6th and so forth. There are also exception courses where your previous is disregarded. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending