The Student Room Group

Midwifery interview assesment?

Hi all. I'm currently finishing my UCAS application and the course I'm applying for says that there may be an assessment and I'd like to be as prepared as possible! Does anyone know what this usually entails? I'm applying for Midwifery 2024.

TIA!
Reply 1
Original post by maturemee
Hi all. I'm currently finishing my UCAS application and the course I'm applying for says that there may be an assessment and I'd like to be as prepared as possible! Does anyone know what this usually entails? I'm applying for Midwifery 2024.

TIA!

Are you sure it is an assessment and not a interview.

If your personal statement is good enough to be put through to the next stage ( interview at your chosen university) then you'll be offered it but otherwise you have been unsuccessful for midwifery this year at your chosen university.

I have not heard of an assessment but a interview.
Prepare for the interview if you get offered one by researching the information that they will give you to do prior to the interview as they will ask you things about this. Most university gives you some information that they want you to study and research on.
You may have to do MIM station ( mini interviews stations -( basically you'll get about 5-10 minutes to discuss whatever is on a particular MIM station and then move on to next one until you complete them all - usually about 6 you do).
You also might have to do a group discussion interview when all the potential students are in a group together and asked questions that you get opportunities to answer and then await your outcome of whether you are going to study midwifery or not.

Interviews varies from university to university.

NHS registered midwife.
I know in previous years, some universities required you to take a maths and English assessment during the interview day. There was also a group meeting with other candidates to discuss a subject chosen by the interviewer. Unsure if this is still common practice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending